Okay, so I have an odd situation.

The other day, I upgraded from the 4.3 to the latest 4.5 beta. Went well, etc. etc.

Then two nights ago, it stopped responding at all to me. It was on, receiving calls, texts and e-mails, but it wouldn't respond to me no matter what button I pushed. Screen didn't come on, nothing. I could plug it into a charger and the screen would come on until the timer shut that off.

I figured, okay, I just need to reinstall the OS, wipe the bberry and go back to 4.3. But first, when I plugged it into my computer the next day to do that, my phone started working again like normal. So I put that off.

Then it happened again last night, same thing. So today, I wiped it and reinstalled verizon's version of 4.3.

It still does the same thing. Nothing I'm pushing makes the phone respond in any way. I've done battery pulls, everything I can think of. I have the phone lock with a password, so I don't know if there's some odd bug somewhere or not.

Basically, does anyone have any idea of what I could possibly do? What happened to this phone, why does a clean reinstall of the old OS still do this to me, and is there any way I can fix it? I find it odd that it randomly started working again, then stopped randomly (it was working, I set it down on my bed, and the next time I picked it up, it was doing it again)

edit: the first time it worked again for me was when the battery finally died on me in the morning and the phone started to shut itself off. Somehow, this made it start working. then it did it again, and the second time it started working when I plugged it into my computer, but that doesn't fix it anymore. The phone never got wet, etc., anything like that. It was in my pocket the first time this started happening.
    Last edited by keaton; 09-19-08 at 09:19 AM. Reason: more info added
    09-19-08 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD