Okay, I am a newbie with the Boost 8330 owned less than a month. I am almost at app capacity. Has anyone shrunk the OS 5.0 for the Boost BB? Is this something I could do relatively easy?

I need major help and prefer not to uninstall any apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 08:14 AM
    Check the stickies at the top of the page. One of them is for the Boost Mobile 8330 5.0 and hybrids.

02-19-10 08:19 AM
    Okay, I am a newbie with the Boost 8330 owned less than a month. I am almost at app capacity. Has anyone shrunk the OS 5.0 for the Boost BB? Is this something I could do relatively easy?

I need major help and prefer not to uninstall any apps.

That could be a problem. There is only so much space available in any BlackBerry, you will have to make some choices.

Have you considered using BlackBerry App World's Archive feature? Programs that you want available, but don't need a full time install, can be archived to your media card for a much faster re-install.

If the memory limitation are a problem, you can consider upgrading to one of the new 256 Mb models.
    02-19-10 10:22 AM
    I think a temporary issue happened after I downloaded two programs. I did a battery pull and my numbers increased. I will take a look at the hybrids and the Archive feature. Thanks for the replies.

02-19-10 10:25 AM
    No its not horribly difficult. If you go here you can get a hybrid and read the tutorial on how to install it. Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home. If it is to overwhelming for you I'll be home in a couple of hours. I'll help you. If you have yahoo messenger my id is same as here @yahoo send me a request. If not I would recommend downloading and signing up for free. This is the only way I will help. Will not sit and wait on next post. Takes way to much time.
    02-19-10 10:42 AM
    Here are the tools you will need to shrink the OS.

How To Shrink-A-OS

Shrink-A-OS

02-19-10 02:04 PM
    Thanks everyone for their helpful replies. After I get done with a certification test on Monday, I will take a shot @ Shrink-A-OS
    02-20-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD