It worked fine for the first 2 days, other than freezing once. Tonight, my bb has started to restart itself over and over. It will stay on for about 1-2 minutes then the screen will go black, the red light will hold steady and then I will get the white screen and hour glass ... at&t screen, verify security, stay on and function (although lagging) for 2 minutes...repeat...over and over.

Is it an OS problem? I can only assume it is since I never had this problem with the old (literally) OS.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

(side note: this is like a bad reoccurring nightmare because when I originally switched from the pearl to the curve, I kept getting phones from a bad batch at at&t where this kept happening. I kept getting phones from the batch where the OS's were screwed till finally they gave me a working one from a different batch of phones. I got really upset when this started happening tonight- haha)
    Last edited by amydk; 07-15-09 at 10:30 PM.
    07-15-09 10:26 PM
    Which 4.5? The AT&T approved or one from this forum? Regardless, it should work.

Do you have a media card? If so, try removing it.
    07-15-09 10:33 PM
    Which 4.5? The AT&T approved or one from this forum? Regardless, it should work.

Do you have a media card? If so, try removing it.
    Yes, I have a media card.

The OS is from this site, the one stickied at the top of the forum - v4.5.0.163.
    07-15-09 10:39 PM
    I took my media card out and so far, so good...what does that mean about my media card?

and is it just a coincidence that something happened to my media card so soon after I updated my OS?
    07-15-09 10:51 PM
    I'm just passing along info I've learned from this forum. Seems like a lot of times the media card is the culprit because of something on it that the newer OS doesn't like. When I upgrade phones for friends, I usually only use the vendor's approved OS and have not encountered any problems. AT&T's approved OS for the 8310 is 4.5.0.110, I think.

Sorry, I'm punting because I don't know what else to tell you.

Good luck.
    07-15-09 11:07 PM
    Actually, the filesystem may get corrupted during the upgrade process.

Move your files off your memory card, reformat the card in the BB, then move your files back to your card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 01:21 AM
    Actually, the filesystem may get corrupted during the upgrade process.

Move your files off your memory card, reformat the card in the BB, then move your files back to your card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How can I move my files/reformat it if when I put my memory card in, it makes my phone restart?
    07-16-09 09:37 AM
    You can use a card reader connected to your PC. Did your media card come with a little USB adapter?
    07-16-09 09:54 AM
    I also had problems after upgrading the OS. My phone would not ring. Verizon is sending a replacement - they didn't even try to resolve issue. I took out the media card and now it rings.

Thank you all.
    07-18-09 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD