My 8310 a few days ago started to act on its own accord. it started to open programs without me touching it. and sending text messages, and also making phone calls. I love my curve and I don't know what could be making it do that. Could any of you fellow curve users shed some light on this mystery.
    07-21-08 02:33 AM
    My 8310 a few days ago started to act on its own accord. it started to open programs without me touching it. and sending text messages, and also making phone calls. I love my curve and I don't know what could be making it do that. Could any of you fellow curve users shed some light on this mystery.
    definately!!! exorcism...

but your prolly better off just taking it back, its still under warranty and 30 return>
    maybe try the new OS install also...
    Last edited by acidbaby; 07-21-08 at 02:41 AM.
    07-21-08 02:35 AM
    definately!!! exorcism...

but your prolly better off just taking it back, its still under warranty and 30 return>

Haha. I tried the OS upgrade. Didn't work(sadly). I bought the phone off of Ebay so saddly no warranty either........
    07-21-08 02:42 AM
    did yo try the infamous battery pull? I hope you have everything backed up......
    07-21-08 02:46 AM
    did yo try the infamous battery pull? I hope you have everything backed up......

More times than I can count...
    07-21-08 02:50 AM
    what did you pay?
    07-21-08 02:50 AM
    what did you pay?

$310

Package, the phone and all its junk, the micro sd card, and a leather case.
    07-21-08 02:55 AM
    Contact the seller and ask for a refund.

My wife's Curve did this and it ended up being a hardware issue and she had to get a replacement from AT&T.
    07-21-08 03:11 AM
    I hope you purchased the phone from ATT or a reputable retailer.....hopefully you are still under warranty.............

Good Luck...
    07-21-08 03:26 AM
    Contact the seller and ask for a refund.

My wife's Curve did this and it ended up being a hardware issue and she had to get a replacement from AT&T.

I've had the phone for 6 months though....... maybe they can work something out with me.
    07-21-08 03:26 AM
    Call AT&T and ask for a refurb. Don't tell them you got it off of eBay.
    07-21-08 03:31 AM
    I've had the phone for 6 months though....... maybe they can work something out with me.

If you bought it through ATT:

NEW - 1 yr warranty

REFURB - 90 day warranty

Now, keep in mind ATT invests MILLIONS of dollars a year to attract and keep customers.........my experiences have told me that when I call and am civil that ATT has NEVER told me to pound sand............they are wanting to grow their business by attracting and retaining customers.........

I am sure they will get you handled......be nice but persistent.......

GOOD LUCK
    07-21-08 03:33 AM
    If you bought it through ATT:

NEW - 1 yr warranty

REFURB - 90 day warranty

Now, keep in mind ATT invests MILLIONS of dollars a year to attract and keep customers.........my experiences have told me that when I call and am civil that ATT has NEVER told me to pound sand............they are wanting to grow their business by attracting and retaining customers.........

I am sure they will get you handled......be nice but persistent.......

GOOD LUCK

EBAY is not good for buying phones
    07-21-08 12:09 PM
    o really?

yea, I had one bad experience with a phone, but I was refunded full price + shipping.

buying a phone with no contract on ebay is LOTS cheaper than paying full retail. plus, a lot of the sellers are even offering warranties from a 3rd party for a low price. That's the best way to go if you're buying a phone off ebay and worried about it breaking.
    07-21-08 12:18 PM

It's not ebay, it's the seller. I purchased my 1st Curve on ebay last October -with no issues to date. Have you thought about wiping it (the contents) and start over as if the phone was nuked? Which in a way.... Just an idea. There is a thread for it. Check my sig Either way, good luck
    07-21-08 12:37 PM
    It's not ebay, it's the seller. I purchased my 1st Curve on ebay last October -with no issues to date. Have you thought about wiping it (the contents) and start over as if the phone was nuked? Which in a way.... Just an idea. There is a thread for it. Check my sig Either way, good luck

How do you nuke the bb!?
    07-21-08 02:16 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

It does sound like a hardware problem, most likely connected to the keyboard.

You have nothing to loose by forcing a fresh build, and the possibility it is a setting change.

The technique in the thread is complex, but we will help you through it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 02:23 PM
    Is there any way that someone could call me..... i'm not good at directions typed up..... Private message for my number
    07-21-08 02:28 PM
    Sure would be sweet to have unlimited international calling, but not yet.

07-21-08 02:35 PM
    crap..... i just really want my curve back, the 8700 is alright but i miss my baby
    07-21-08 02:39 PM
    i have a jvm error513 how do i reset my phone
    07-21-08 04:33 PM
    I have heard more negative things from buying BB's of eBay that I've heard good. I would say that the bad FAR outweighs the good in terms of buying off eBay.

Your phone is haunted for sure... any ex's that might have VooDoo dolls?
    07-21-08 04:36 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Welcome to CrackBerry.
    07-21-08 04:36 PM
    Good Luck
    =8')

07-21-08 04:39 PM
    Well folks its offically nuked!
    07-21-08 04:51 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD