Well one of my 8230 Curves has taken a dump.
    Its initial issue was that it would always think the battery was dead or near dead. It didn't matter even if I switched in a battery that I know to be charged. It would run for a little bit then turn of the radio. when you plugged it into the charger it would show that it was charging but as soon as you unplug it the radio will shut off from "low battery"

So earlier I wiped it and reloaded the software using CrackMem. That seemed to work alright. I realized after it was finished that I didn't install blackberry and yahoo messenger. So I ran the app loader and proceeded to install the apps. However it decided to take forever to load... Long story short now I have the dreaded 507 error on the screen. I've tried the nuked BB procedure and BB101 procedure with no luck.

Can anyone offer any thoughts or assistance?
    Thanks!
    01-14-09 09:23 PM
    Did you get errors during your os reinstall?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 09:29 PM
    507 is no OS installed. Start over with this http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry and don't interrupt it. It can take up to an hour.
    01-14-09 09:32 PM
    Did you get errors during your os reinstall?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not during the OS install. Now when I try to reload it goes through the entire process and at the end the app loader states "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."
    Last edited by supergordo; 01-14-09 at 09:36 PM.
    01-14-09 09:33 PM
    Currently When its plugged in it shows the battery with the lightining bolt thru it. It doesn't hourglass or show the connected to computer screen we're all familiar with.
    01-14-09 09:35 PM
    Reboot the pc.
    01-14-09 09:37 PM
    Currently When its plugged in it shows the battery with the lightining bolt thru it. It doesn't hourglass or show the connected to computer screen we're all familiar with.
    Follow the instructions in the link below.

507 is no OS installed. Start over with this BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com and don't interrupt it. It can take up to an hour.
    01-14-09 09:38 PM
    From your initial post, it sounded like you were having battery issues, or the BB thought you had a dead battery, etc. before attempting to reload the OS.

Now you have 2 problems, the battery/power issues, and the no OS installed errors. Good luck.

Do you have any warranty left or insurance on the phone?
    01-14-09 09:41 PM
    From your initial post, it sounded like you were having battery issues, or the BB thought you had a dead battery, etc. before attempting to reload the OS.

Now you have 2 problems, the battery/power issues, and the no OS installed errors. Good luck.

Do you have any warranty left or insurance on the phone?
    Sadly no....
    01-14-09 09:42 PM
    507 is no OS installed. Start over with this BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com and don't interrupt it. It can take up to an hour.
    Reboot the pc.
    Alrighty. I've got nothing to lose
    01-14-09 09:42 PM
    Still getting the same results...sigh
    01-14-09 09:57 PM
    I was just having the same difficulty... ctrl+alt+del and check to see that BbDevMgr.exe is not running... it froze on mine and then once I ended that process and reconnected my berry to restart it it worked like a charm.
    01-14-09 10:27 PM
    Try the link in my sig.. Nuked berry.. And go to blackberry.com and download the drivers to your computer. If you dont have the proper drivers. It will not load the OS on your phone and it will give you a 507 error.
    01-14-09 10:32 PM
    I was just having the same difficulty... ctrl+alt+del and check to see that BbDevMgr.exe is not running... it froze on mine and then once I ended that process and reconnected my berry to restart it it worked like a charm.
    presses ctrl/alt/del on the computer or the BB?
    01-14-09 10:32 PM
    On your computer to bring up the task manager, end the BbDevMgr.exe if it is not responding. Then try and reconnect the BB and follow the instructions for the nuked BB to get the port recognized.
    01-15-09 12:12 AM
    Part of the problem that I'm having is that it seems to recognize the device, but after going through the loading process it doesn't seem to finish the job, then I get the error message.
    01-15-09 12:49 PM
    On the computer it is the BbDevMgr that is froze up ********.
    01-15-09 11:36 PM
    In the middle of your installation are you getting a message saying there was an error reconnecting to the device or something like that.. ?
    01-15-09 11:39 PM
    On your computer to bring up the task manager, end the BbDevMgr.exe if it is not responding. Then try and reconnect the BB and follow the instructions for the nuked BB to get the port recognized.
    On the computer it is the BbDevMgr that is froze up ********.
    About a day late...
    01-15-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD