Is there a way to assign a ringtone to someone in your address book, so when they text message you, you will know it is from them? Sorta like assigning a ringtone when they call you, but it would strictly be another ringtone/notify tone for only when they TEXT you?? Not email, TEXT, whether it be SMS ot MMS
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. also, is there a way to get inside the phone to delete the prestored ringtones???
    09-12-07 08:50 AM
    Unfortunately there is no way to assign a tone to text. Only to calls from each person sorry.

Not sure about deleting the stock ringtones.
    09-12-07 09:22 AM
    You can change the ringtone mp3 if you'd like but that's about it.
    09-12-07 10:01 AM
    Well thanks anyway, another question, under the speaker, under profiles, at the bottom it says Use Active Pofile Except For:
    Important Calls
    Calls From Bill
    with check marks next to just Calls From Bill

What is that all about? What does this signify? Is there something I mayhave done when I set up this particular contact? He's the one I wanted to have the special tone for when messaging.
    Level 1 Messages can only be set for emails that come in, is that correct?
    09-12-07 10:45 AM
    When you assign a custom phone tune to a contact, it automatically adds it as an exception. That's just how it works.

You can set pin messages to be level 1, as well.
    09-12-07 11:26 PM
    Could you explain what a pin message is exactly?
    09-13-07 12:58 PM
    Every BB device has it's own individual pin number. Look in Options >Status to see yours. This pin number (and imei number) are what identify it on the network. You can send "pin messages" to other BB users if you have their pin. The BBMessenger app uses pin messaging between BB devices. It's like an email but never goes to any email server, etc. just directly to the BB device.
    09-14-07 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD