Has anyone had any issues getting 8310's to activate on blackberry enterprise server only in the past week?

8520's and 8900's all sync fine - just the 8310's seem to not want to...

Any pointers in the right direction would be most appriciated I have been through the Blackberry help files and web site and through a couple of forums but nothing seems to work.

K
    Last edited by Achilleos2010; 04-08-10 at 09:29 AM.
    04-08-10 05:56 AM
    You may need to wipe the device to make sure that no IT policies exist on the device before activating. Ran into this problem myself trying to activate on my work's BES and failing everytime only to find out that a previous activation and IT policy was blocking the ability to activate. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 07:51 AM
    Thanks for the response jykwon - i like your thinking, I had wiped the unit twice before posting and since then i have upgraded the software for the blackberry 8310 to the most recent version (basicly deleting and re-installing the firmware).

I have tried activating on 4 different 8310's and with sim cards i know have BES on them (I took the sim card from my 8520) - also the 8520 and 8900's seem to sync no issues at all.

We have a sister company that also runs a Blackberry enterprise server and i have set my self up as a test subject on there domain and BBEnterprise Server and this setup activated on the 8310 straight away.

On the theme of IT Policy, i checked the offending BB Enetrprise server and the IT Policy is still "default".

Unsure where to go from here.

K
    04-08-10 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD