When it is time for some reason to replace battery or SIM card � it takes to much time for the phone to boot up, and I don�t know why. Backlight time out set to 45 seconds but it goes off in less time and standing by
    08-21-09 02:47 PM
    Mine takes some time after a battery pull as well to get back to running mode. My timer is set to 30 seconds.

Not sure what your question is though.
    08-21-09 03:00 PM
    Do you have a lot of apps installed? Is your battery not lasting all day? Why is your phone rebooting, mine is on most of the time...
    08-21-09 03:12 PM
    sorry, im asking if there is a fix for that mine is timer backlight is set for 45 seconds but turns off before that.. and when i need to change the battery or sim it takes long to start back up.. would a wipe of and reinstallation of the os fix this?.. and i dnt have a lot of apps
    08-21-09 03:16 PM
    Basics first. Go to options screen/keyboard, and change the setting to a longer one. Be sure to save changes. How long does your rebooting last?
    08-21-09 03:26 PM
    Do I understand correctly, your concern is the slow operation of the device, in addition to backlight timeout?

A failing battery is not likely to cause that problem and SIM card failures are very rare.

The most likely reason is your available memory. If it gets too low, that will cause of lot of hourglass spinning and lost data.

Check it with Options / Status. Then pull the battery and check it again.

If it is low, we can suggest a guide to help you bring it back to normal.

If you still the original device OS, you are in for a real treat when you upgrade. The v4.5xx device software is much improved.
    08-21-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD