Well, I just got my BB Curve 8310 and I'm having a problem. I can text and place calls fine, but I cannot receive calls. I am testing it using my office phone, and when I make the call, the blue arrows in the upper right start and the phone restarts.

Any ideas?
    02-15-08 02:54 PM
    Reregister the device with the host routing table (it is under the options setting). This is if you haven't done the battery pull already, as the battery pull solves about 80% of the problems with BB's.
    02-15-08 03:12 PM
    Reregister the device with the host routing table (it is under the options setting). This is if you haven't done the battery pull already, as the battery pull solves about 80% of the problems with BB's.
    just did the battery pull...phone is restarting as i type -- I don't have data functionality on my BB (haven't signed up for the plan yet) -- will the reregistering having any problems with that?
    02-15-08 03:18 PM
    Well, I'm still having huge problems.

I took my SIM card out of my razr and put it into my new BB Curve 8310. Now, every single time I try to make or receive a call, the BB restarts.

I have tried the things listed above and also tried reloading the OS. I bought the phone on Ebay, new in box ... will AT&T still do the exchange by mail?

Any help on any question is greatly appreciated!

edit: the phone works fine otherwise -- only does this during incoming/dialed calls.
    Last edited by cboom4250; 02-15-08 at 10:47 PM.
    02-15-08 10:29 PM
    bump ... need help.... ASAP
    02-15-08 11:21 PM
    Are you sure that the card is fully seated correctly. I read on another forum where someone was having the same problem, and then they found the card wasn't seated correctly. Also did you use the software included on the disk in the box, as AT$T sent out a few batches on the device with bad software on the disk and it was recommended to get the software off of AT$T's site or the RIM site (I know some of the original RED 8310's had this problem), also depending what version you are using I woul make sure that you have the latest version which is .284 for the 8310. As far as exchange, they may do so, but technically they have no resposibility to do so as the warranties only go to the original purchaer (unless you purchased from a dealer off of ebay then they might support it). Good luck.
    02-16-08 03:24 AM
    Are you sure that the card is fully seated correctly. I read on another forum where someone was having the same problem, and then they found the card wasn't seated correctly. Also did you use the software included on the disk in the box, as AT$T sent out a few batches on the device with bad software on the disk and it was recommended to get the software off of AT$T's site or the RIM site (I know some of the original RED 8310's had this problem), also depending what version you are using I woul make sure that you have the latest version which is .284 for the 8310. As far as exchange, they may do so, but technically they have no resposibility to do so as the warranties only go to the original purchaer (unless you purchased from a dealer off of ebay then they might support it). Good luck.
    thanks.. i'm pretty sure i have the SIM seated correctly. I am going to check to make sure...

I downloaded the software from RIM's site instead of using the install disc and I might have to try updating the OS version now...maybe that will solve my problem...

if that doesn't wokr, i'm going to try tech support and then beg for them to exchange it or get my money back from my seller on eBay.

thanks again for your help
    02-16-08 07:44 AM
    I've heard of people using JLCommander ... should I try this? a wipe and reinstall I guess?

if so, let me know any experiences you guys have had and how easy is it to use?
    02-16-08 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD