I have a Pearl and just purchased an AT&T Curve 8310 from Craig's List yesterday (he used the phone with TMobile also) and when I met the guy and put my SIM in, everything worked fine. I paid him and when I got home and started playing with the phone more, as soon as I accessed the browser, the phone turned off and rebooted on its own. It continued to do this for some time. When the phone would reboot and the menu would come up, I had to constantly be active with the phone, if I let it sit for a minute or so, it would turn off again. Once when the phone was letting me use it and I was looking through the menu, I tried doing the Setup Wizard hoping that would help. At one point it asked me if I wanted to associate the new PIN with the new phone. I said yes. I think this is where I made my mistake.

I gave up last night and today I called TMobile. The woman I spoke with told me if I could run through the Application Loader, that should solve the reboot issue. As of now, Desktop Manager is not recognizing my Curve PIN number, nor my Pearl. Suggestions? Please tell me there is another option than getting my money back! (He was kind enough to offer this)
    02-13-09 01:44 PM
    Have you pulled the battery to reset the 8310?

What version of Desktop Manager is on your computer?
    02-13-09 01:50 PM
    (He was kind enough to offer this)
    Kind enough to offer you a faulty phone. I would suggest re-installing your OS and starting from scratch.

If not, it may be time to get your money back.
    02-13-09 01:54 PM
    I had the desktop manager do that to both my phone and my hubbys, I restarted the computer and it worked again, if not you can go though and reload the OS via the "How to recover a dead berry" guide (I'm sure someone will post it for you, if not you can search it, I don't have the time to fine it right now... )

Good luck!
    02-13-09 01:57 PM
    The links to recovering a dead BB and upgrade/downgrade procedure are in my sig.
    02-13-09 01:59 PM
    Have you pulled the battery to reset the 8310?

What version of Desktop Manager is on your computer?
    Yes, the battery has been pulled a few times, and the DM is 4.7
    02-13-09 02:31 PM
    Yes, the battery has been pulled a few times, and the DM is 4.7
    I'd recommend using Add/Remove programs in windows to uninstall 4.7 and download and install DM 4.5 or 4.6 instead. DM 4.7 is meant for the newer BBs like the Storm and Bold and can lead to problems when used with the Curve.
    02-13-09 02:39 PM
    So here's an update. This really doesn't make sense, but my problem is resolved when i take out the mini SD card. weird i know. I have another one i will try later when i get home. Has anyone ever heard of the phone doing this. the previous owner always used an SD card and didn't have the problem.
    02-13-09 03:59 PM
    There have been a lot of threads lately started by ppl who are having problems formatting, or getting a media card recognized by the phone.
    02-13-09 06:35 PM
    Here's the latest. Got home and tried another mini sd card. Had the same problem. With in 2 minutes the phone had restarted itself. Without the card its been fine for a couple hours. I guess ill try reformatting the card. Thanks for everyones help!
    02-13-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD