I have no idea if anyone will have the answer to this...

I've had my blackberry for a little over 2 months. The only applications I have on there are facebook/twitter/yahoo messenger. None have caused me any issues at all. I do have about 8 themes on my phone as well. I also use a 4gb memory card.

Lately, my phone has been acting really fussy. It keeps saying I'm roaming, but I am in my home area. I have seen other customers on my carrier having this trouble. So I don't think that issue is totally related.

My phone keeps vibrating weird; it doesn't sound right. And my battery keeps feeling warm. Its not hot, but its warm enough that I can feel the warmth even with the back cover on.

Not sure what to do...just don't want to let this problem get worse. I've tried a battery pull, leaving it off, taking the battery out for some time...nothing seems to help.
    01-28-09 01:48 AM
    The phone has a 12 month warranty. Might be time to explore it. Have you called Alltel's customer service about your problems, especially with the warm battery and weird vibration?
    01-28-09 01:51 AM
    To start off with the phone issues being roaming and what not, I think it has to deal with Verizon buying out Alltel and in that they are getting rid of towers etc. You could find information on that some place around here on Crackberry and also I do believe I read it on both Verizon and Alltel's site.

As for the vibrations etc, have you dropped it or something? Also with the battery feeling hot and such, mine does that after continuous use of phone/text/email/etc. Could that be the case? I'm sorry I can't be much of help.
    01-28-09 01:52 AM
    mbudden brings up an interesting point about the celltowers. Have you done a *228 option 2 lately to update your PRL?
    01-28-09 01:53 AM
    The phone has a 12 month warranty. Might be time to explore it. Have you called Alltel's customer service about your problems, especially with the warm battery and weird vibration?
    lol, I work for alltel. I don't want to do that warranty exchange. I think I may get a new battery, at the minimum
    01-28-09 01:57 AM
    and yes, I have the most recent PRL.
    01-28-09 01:58 AM
    Strange, very. There is a list floating around of where the towers in certain areas that they are deactivating due to Verizon buying Alltel out. Have you checked this and seen if this could affect you and your friends? Since I don't know where abouts since you have no location I could not look this up for you. But there is also another option thats not updating PRL but does something else, but I don't remember on the top of my head, but could that do some good?
    01-28-09 02:17 AM
    I know I'm fine reception wise. The roaming part doesn't worry as much. I mainly am wondering if I should be worried about the battery being warm and the weird vibration. I was initially thinking it was some type of setting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 03:01 AM
    A battery getting hot it usually a sign of excessive draw. I don't know how that would apply to your berry, but that's what it means when a battery gets hot...

01-28-09 03:32 AM
    I'm on alltel live on PA/OH border. Never had reception issues till about 3 weeks ago. Now when I'm home my battery gets warm I'm guessing its from the phone constantly looking for a signal it goes from 1XEV to 1xev to 1x to D and the signal strength goes up and done frequently.
    I called alltel they issued a trouble ticket and confirmed the signal issue and I have current PRL.
    When I leave to go to work recently near the pittsburgh airport I no longer have any of these issues including the battery gettin warm

01-28-09 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD