Here are my symptoms. I spilled beer on my keypad on my phone. The phone takes awhile to load now. The trackball scrolling works but clicking on the ball doesn't work the keys do no respond but are lite and the side buttons don't work. any ideas? I blew cold air on it from the blow dryer and it worked for a day but now it's back to malfunction again. Hep me....maybe pouring rubbing alcohol in it?
    01-19-09 08:57 PM
    Keep the liquids away. Take the phone completely apart and let it dry out thoroughly rather than just blow drying it. Then, when you put everything together again, if it still acts sluggish you may want to go so far as to backup, wipe, then restore. Worst case scenario, buy a used device on Craigslist and chalk it up to experience... However, I believe with proper drying it will be fine. JMO.
    01-19-09 09:01 PM
    Even if it's o.k. for a while, it'll only be a matter of time before it starts acting up again.
    01-19-09 09:04 PM
    if i sent it back to verizon for a warranty replacement u think they would catch something like this? The phone powers on and everything just the button's don't work. And also they just send u the phone with no battery and cover right?
    01-19-09 09:19 PM
    Yes, they would be able to tell that liquid got into the keyboard.
    01-19-09 09:28 PM
    My phone got wet when I used a cotton swab and "cleaned" the trackball. A few hours later my phone kept on pushing the trackball button by itself. When I got home I turned off the phone thinking it was a software thing. In the morning it was doing the same thing. I took apart the phone and took off the center trackball sticker. Once I did that I replaced the sticker with a band-aid* made sticker. After that it's been working 100 percent for about 6 months and counting. Hope this helps!
    01-19-09 09:33 PM
    If you have insurance on the phone, usually they will cover liquid damage. You just have to pay the deductible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 09:38 PM
    Follow same procedure as with water. Take cover and battery out and put in a ziploc bag full of dry rice to draw the moisture out. Hopefully it hasn't shorted out internally by using it before completely dr�.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD