Hello all,
    I purchased my Blackberry curve 8330 yesterday.
    Still getting used to it, but so far it is a billion times better than my razr

I tried to download AIM on it (blackberry. com/aim) but it gave me this message: :Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirments that are needed to support AOL Instant Messenger for Blackberry." I have the data pack from Alltel...I haven't upgraded anything on my phone yet...do I need to?

Thanks everyone

Edit: I also ordered a full-body Invisible SHIELD...is there need for me to purchase a case as well? I will primarily be keeping the phone in my purse, not a pocket.
    Last edited by UNC.; 08-22-08 at 07:16 AM. Reason: another question
    08-22-08 07:14 AM
    you need to dl aim to your pc and install to phone with desktop manager
    08-22-08 07:18 AM
    Thanks. But
    I just tried downloading it on the computer with my blackberry plugged in and it gave me the same message as it did from my blackberry..
    08-22-08 07:24 AM
    From past experiences AOL and a blackberry doesn't get along for some reason. IMO, I feel that the problem comes from AOL. I'm quite sure you're not doing anything wrong, that's coming from AOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 07:27 AM
    Sprint provided a shortcut to downloading AIM on my BB. I had the same problem with live messenger when I 1st got my BB. Eventually after repeated attempts from all sorts of links and such I got it to install. This of course was over a month or so. Every time I thought about it from someone mentioning it or whatever I would try again. I think it is just a fault in a compatability check layer somewhere. I'd check with AOL ab out why it tells you your device doesn't support it when in reality it most likely does.

08-23-08 01:24 AM
    Hello all,
    I purchased my Blackberry curve 8330 yesterday.
    Still getting used to it, but so far it is a billion times better than my razr

I tried to download AIM on it (blackberry. com/aim) but it gave me this message: :Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirments that are needed to support AOL Instant Messenger for Blackberry." I have the data pack from Alltel...I haven't upgraded anything on my phone yet...do I need to?

Thanks everyone

Edit: I also ordered a full-body Invisible SHIELD...is there need for me to purchase a case as well? I will primarily be keeping the phone in my purse, not a pocket.
    there are 3rd party apps that combine several IM apps in one.
    search the forums, it's in there somewhere... :||
    08-23-08 01:55 AM
    Isn't this a carrier restriction? I cannot install windows live messenger but I suspect that it is because orange calls it orange live messenger and charges a monthly fee...

08-23-08 02:29 AM
    Ramble I'm is a free aol messenger application for bb. I suggest trying that.

08-23-08 08:52 AM
    08-23-08 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD