Hello everyone , I just got my 8320 and had everything setup, so Far Im having no problems except for SOMETIMES when browsing the internet I get this message randomly and wont let me in some websites "This is a Wi-Fi Service please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again "

What can I do to fix this , I cant seem enter some websites or click on links sometimes, its really annoying !!

thanks!
    10-01-08 09:09 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I have no idea why the engineers at RIM decided to go in that direction.

If you have the Internet Browser set to default, it will work over Wifi (UMA) and over the cell network.

If your default is set to Hotspot, it will fail when you do not have the Wifi connection.

I have replaced my existing bookmarks with new ones set to Internet Browser.

It was very embarrassing when I needed to look up a Google reference and got that message.
    10-01-08 09:36 PM
    hey , thx for the fast reply, I'll try doing that right now
    10-01-08 10:00 PM
    Hi,

I'd like to bump this as it just happened to me.

The difference is that I chose Hotspot for the faster browsing and it works fine except when using the google searchbox on the BB Browser. Why is it only an issue when using Google search on the BB Browser. It even happens when trying to go to google.com. Any other websites are fine.

Thanks,
    Congo
    05-18-09 06:25 PM
    Thank you CrackBerry Gods!!! I just installed 5.0 on my Curve 8900 and, like an *****, started playing with all the neat & niffty settings. I started getting this message, but now have it fixed.

I, too, strive to be a CB guru some day
    07-13-09 10:04 PM
    Hi, I never used wifi in my life because my data was more than enough, but today while bored in class I had to use wifi cause the network wasn't working, and after that I turned wifi off, I got this problem. I went to browser configs and noticed that it was set on hotspot instead of internet, so I changed it back to internet, but it reverts back to hotspot by itself and the problem remains. Wifi is turned off

Somebody please help
    09-09-10 01:19 AM
    Hi all, Please help. Recently my bb(8900) broken on me after alot of wear. Just got a used 8320 for the time till the torch(9800) comes to Canada.

Well the problem is that the web browser default is only set at "hotspot". There is no other option and I cant change it. Please HELP me. I'm going crazy. I have data plan and because of this I cant use the internet for anything. It keeps saying "This is a wi-fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-fi connection and try again." This is sooo annoying.

Thank you
    09-10-10 06:49 AM
    People please help. Really need help on this. So annoying to have a BB and not go on the internet or use email. LOL

Thanks
    09-10-10 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD