Hi. I'm a recent blackberry curve purchaser, and I have to say I've already spent way too much money and time on this thing. With that said, I love it and will most likely remain a loyal blackberry user.

My question is this. I have downloaded the desktop manager and the the operating system from verizon's website, but the DM will not recognize the phone once the OS downloaded. I have done like someone else recommended and uninstalled the blackberry from window's device manager then unplugged/replugged the blackberry and still no luck. Can anyone give me some help? All I want to do is be able to open applications I've downloaded. Thanks.
    06-07-08 04:26 PM
    Would be helpful if you could tell us what OS on your PC you have, and what version of Desktop Manager.
    06-07-08 04:35 PM
    I guess it is v4.3 and its the DM from verizonwireless.
    06-07-08 04:50 PM
    To find what OS version is on your device: Options > About, 3rd line.
    06-07-08 05:02 PM
    The full line says v4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.72). Thanks.
    06-07-08 05:06 PM
    Initially connect you Blackberry to your PC via a direct USB port and not one that is via a USB port. Sometimes this helps with the first time connection.
    06-07-08 05:08 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

DM will not recognize the phone once the OS downloaded. ...
    When you first installed Desktop Manager, were you able to connect to your 8330? It should have recognized the PIN number and allowed you to run Backup. That is a good first test.

The full line says v4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.72). ...
    I suspect there may be minor version difference in your carriers OS package. That is enough to mess things up, but simple to fix.

Use search to locate the file Vendor and delete it from the Research In Motion / AppLoader folder.

Try the connection again, it should work correctly.
    Last edited by Stoner; 06-07-08 at 05:21 PM.
    06-07-08 05:18 PM
    Use search to locate the file Vendor and delete it from the Research In Motion / AppLoader folder.

Try the connection again, it should work correctly.
    Thanks for your help. I can't find the file you said. Could you tell me exactly where to look for it. Sorry, I'm so clueless about this.
    06-07-08 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD