I have the BlackBerry Curve 8320. Just got it yesterday..but I am having a couple of problems..

I am not able to receive text messages from Verizon Wireless Customers or Sprint Customers...pretty much any carrier outside of t-mobile and I have no clue why.

I got 1 verizon wireless picture message from a friend of mine for a test and any other carrier can receive my texts but i am not able to receive theirs. Any one know why? or what i should do rather then going ahead and staying on the phone with t-mobile 4 ever. I have the unlimited texting so i figured it shouldnt be a problem?

And if anyone knows how i can get a certain ringtone to play for when i do receive a text message i'd glady appreciate it.
    12-17-07 04:13 PM
    try replaceing your t-mibile sim card with a new one hope this helps...
    12-17-07 09:10 PM
    try replaceing your t-mibile sim card with a new one hope this helps...
    I called customer services, turns out i'm going to have to swap the phone tomorrow and hope that this will solve the problem, otherwise looks like i'll be canceling this and going with verizon wireless.

On a side note, if the 50$ mail in rebate is under the current phone i have and i swap it out, will they update the Rebate to the new phone's serial # so i can still get it, if i decide to keep it?
    12-18-07 12:19 AM
    by the way tangela you dont have this problem do you?

Do u receive text messages from all carriers?
    12-18-07 12:22 AM
    Just go into Profiles and select Advanced. Then choose a Profile and find SMS Text to change the ring tone.
    12-18-07 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD