Swayles for the moment, having only just signed up to the forum.

I am not familiar with the stylee and "how we do things round these parts" so please please forgive the following question which perhaps should be filed under dumb but

I have a curve 8310 that I love more than all the things I love less and I am on a contract with Vodafone here in the sunny U of K.

There are times when I just don't want to answer an email or just want to delete it on my ickle handy heldy. IF I have the little dahlink in me holster or I have the locky lock on and receive said email - I can't seem to take it out of it's holster or unlock (in all honesty I am trying the lock to fix the problem and could do without the hassle) without the email opening on it's own and as luck be a lady it's always from someone I would have preferred not to know I currently exist therefore I open your unwanted and unrequited email!

Sorry - besides being a virgin and dumb - my proclivity for brevity is almost a negativety!

and another thing

now that I have set the curvaceous to lock in the holster - it now seems to lock itself anyway after a short passage of time and when you make hard work out of everything and use 400 words when 4 will do!

I hope you are all happy and contented in your world because over here the sun just shone for ten minutes and how lovely is that?

Thanks

x
    Last edited by jrfurank; 09-21-16 at 02:20 AM.
    02-09-09 06:58 AM
    Uhhh... what?
    02-09-09 07:27 AM
    If you recieve said email and just leave the device in the holster for 30 seconds or so it wont do that. Then you pull the device out and it will be your home screen with a notification that you have an email but wont go right to your email. It will do this without the lock on holster option on too. The time for the password time out can be changed if you want to but it seems like you dont want to go that route. Bottom line...disable the lock upon holster feature and don answer your email immediately.
    02-09-09 07:31 AM
    Fine, and you?
    02-09-09 07:49 AM
    Arisenfury - you need to go watch A Clockwork Orange

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 07:54 AM
    Great- now i have an overwhelming desire to summon up a cockney accent and peddlr cockles and muscles, alive alive **....
    02-09-09 08:11 AM
    "U of K"? Is that the University of Kentucky?

02-09-09 08:23 AM
    United of Kingdom I think. Vodaphone being a British carrier.
    02-09-09 08:30 AM
    And the Virgin Connie Swayles a reference from the movie Dragnet.

02-09-09 08:36 AM
    That has to be one of the most verbose questions I have ever heard on this board. Like rlp said, leave the phone in its holster for 30 seconds or a minute or so and it won't automatically open the email when you take it out or unlock it.

02-09-09 08:49 AM
    Did he say something about a caravan?

02-09-09 10:18 AM
    I would offer some advice but I got lost at the title. Sorry.

02-09-09 10:23 AM
    I have nothing of substance to offer to this thread - but I was enthralled by the thread title and amazed by the length and substance of the message. And, while writing this I got an email. Now, when I take my phone out of the holster all I will get is my home screen. All is well on both sides of the pond. Cheers!
    02-09-09 10:31 AM
    ^ LoL! I'm with you tae, I was lost there.
    02-09-09 10:33 AM
    Makes three of us. I was going to be the first to reply when it was posted but I was unable to come up with anything........

Welcome to CrackBerry........
    02-09-09 10:49 AM
    Lol... I mean I know you are from thr uk but we aren't so I really wana help but cant

02-09-09 10:50 AM
    Arisenfury - you need to go watch A Clockwork Orange

Apparently I need to go re-watch it
    02-09-09 10:57 AM
    I'm almost afraid to admit that I actually understood the post.....
    02-09-09 11:33 AM
    Well how about that?

Thanks for the really helpfull advice -

Just leave it a little longer and resist the desire to check on who just sent the good vibrations...

even I can do that!

Now

I did preface the question by pointing out that I think I am a newbie one cannobie - therefore I sincerely

so didn't like really mean to upset anyone by trying to be vaguely amusing let alone friendly without the fire

and it seems that I failed more than Freddy Failure of Failsville but

In this starving, war torn, AIDS depleted, credit melting down to oblivion and beyond world

wouldnt it be sooooo cool to play nice?

I don't think one of those posts contained any words that even hinted at the slightest thesaurustication of

Welcome

or

Hi

or even

You smell and your mum dresses you funny but you can play with my polly pocket hadron collider as long as you don't scratch it!

nada, nixt or nowt as we say up ere in the North of Blighty.

Ahh well

within 10 minutes of my original verbositude

it started bloomin snowing

but

meanwhile upsidedown cake in Australia

bush (NOT a joke about your outgoing President) fires are raging

so

we have so much to be thankful for

innit?

I send you love and bright colours and Jerry's final thought

If you have had by-pass surgery on your charisma - all is not lost -it can now be reversed along with sense of humour failure

x

I did have another question - but won't push my luck!
    02-09-09 02:43 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    02-09-09 02:49 PM
    Thanks ronb

Appreciated
    02-09-09 02:56 PM
    I don't know what's stranger for me, the wording of the original post, or the fact that I actually understood (almost) the whole thing.

Oh, and you smell and your mum dresses you funny etc. .....and Welcome to Crackberry!
    Last edited by paulanthonyc; 02-09-09 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Added salutations.
    02-09-09 03:10 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and "Don't forget your goat leggings.".
    02-09-09 03:12 PM
    Well how about that?

Thanks for the really helpfull advice -

Just leave it a little longer and resist the desire to check on who just sent the good vibrations...

even I can do that!

Now

I did preface the question by pointing out that I think I am a newbie one cannobie - therefore I sincerely

so didn't like really mean to upset anyone by trying to be vaguely amusing let alone friendly without the fire

and it seems that I failed more than Freddy Failure of Failsville but

In this starving, war torn, AIDS depleted, credit melting down to oblivion and beyond world

wouldnt it be sooooo cool to play nice?

I don't think one of those posts contained any words that even hinted at the slightest thesaurustication of

Welcome

or

Hi

or even

You smell and your mum dresses you funny but you can play with my polly pocket hadron collider as long as you don't scratch it!

nada, nixt or nowt as we say up ere in the North of Blighty.

Ahh well

within 10 minutes of my original verbositude

it started bloomin snowing

but

meanwhile upsidedown cake in Australia

bush (NOT a joke about your outgoing President) fires are raging

so

we have so much to be thankful for

innit?

I send you love and bright colours and Jerry's final thought

If you have had by-pass surgery on your charisma - all is not lost -it can now be reversed along with sense of humour failure

x

I did have another question - but won't push my luck!
    Exactly.

02-09-09 03:54 PM
    Fine then........

Oh and Welcome to CrackBerry!
    02-09-09 04:03 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD