CrackBerry has changed/is changing with all the new members. This is good and well.... Good because lots more people are buying Blackberrys and are joining CrackBerry but we are also dealing with a wider section of people. Gone is the old club-like atmosphere that prevailed even in the few months when I joined CB in March this year.

This is the price of success. We are always shouting from the rooftops about how good the BlackBerry is and about what a fantastic place Crackberry is. Well, we have been heard - If you build it, they will come. Kevin buiilt it and the have arrived.

Not everybody has great comminication skills and we need to understand this as well as the fact that we all have good and bad days. People also explaining things in therir own terms, not ours and they are sometimes frustrated because they are confused with their new and expensive phone.

No way will this ever stop the instantaneous anger that comes from reading such a firat post froma newbie. I know that when I read this thread last night I thought, well I won't write what I thought but I did send a PM to one other member offering support and I manfully refrained from joing this thread until I had slept on it.

We are gonna have to live with our (Kevin's) success. Not a bad thing really.
    ummmm... the first negative post came from a seasoned member or lets not go blameing the new people.
    08-06-08 08:08 AM
    Call me devil's advocate but if someone responded to my very first post the way oakie did, not only would I have been more than a bit ticked but I probably wouldn't have stuck around all that long either.

Yes, his information was helpful. His tone and following comments, not so much.
    agreed. i hate crap like that.
    08-06-08 08:08 AM
    ummmm... the first negative post came from a seasoned member or lets not go blameing the new people.
    Things is a changin' an' we jus' gotta live with it.

I often think negative thoughts and have started a number of negative posts but somehow always never finish the post and just click th Back button on the browser.

I have been posting somewhat lees of late and this is partly because I am busy right now but also because when I look at some threads I think 'Do I want to be in there? Nah.' and I move on.

Make no mistake, I love my Blackberry and I love this place. Maybe I am becomig more experienced and discerning.

Keep smiling, it's good for you.
    08-06-08 10:16 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD