Just need some advice...last night I plugged my headphones into my 8330 and the jack didn't work...the music kept playing through the speaker. I did a battery pull and the problem went away. And it has not happened since. My question is...do you think this problem could be an omen of things to come? Should I return the device before the 30-day return period expires in a week? Or should I just consider this a "one-time glitch" (assuming it doesn't happen again in the next week)? I actually had to return two devices for other, more major, problems, so I'm thinking that maybe finding a "perfect" one is a long-shot and I should just hope for the best with this one.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    01-25-09 10:23 AM
    It was probably a glitch and it probably kept playing cause you had it playing on speaker then plugged in the headphones and the bb never switched over. Or did it do this when you plugged in the headphones first then tried playing the music?
    01-25-09 10:24 AM
    I would most deffenitly return the device for a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 10:24 AM
    It was probably a glitch and it probably kept playing cause you had it playing on speaker then plugged in the headphones and the bb never switched over. Or did it do this when you plugged in the headphones first then tried playing the music?
    I wasn't playing music through the speaker. I plugged the headphones in first and then tried to play music. Does that change your opinion? Thanks.
    01-25-09 10:34 AM
    No matter how you did it, if you plugged in the headset, it should, by default play in the headphones.

01-25-09 10:38 AM
    I spoke to Verizon about this. They told me that it has to be a software issue if the battery pull fixed it, not an issue with the device itself. That sounds plausible to me, but I'm wondering if everyone here agrees. Since I haven't been able to replicate the problem since it happened I'm thinking it's ok to just forget it as long as it doesn't happen again. Make sense? Thanks.
    01-25-09 09:22 PM
    My is doing the same thing, but only with the sprint music store. When I use the media player it works fine. Sometimes if I move the inserted headphones around in the jack it will start playing in my headphones but it quickly jumps back the speaker on the phone :S. Im thinking it is a software issue.
    03-08-09 01:53 PM
    I have similar issues with the headphones that came with the BB.
    Moving the plug or pulling it out slightly seems to fix it. Either the headphone plug is not to spec or the jack is not.
    03-08-09 02:09 PM
    Just had this problem now. Wouldn't play music through the headphones at first. I unplugged them, then started playing the music through the headset, and then plugged the headphones in. Seems to work fine now.

03-21-09 07:32 PM
    I think I read something about this a while back. One of the possible solutions was turning the equalizer off (and then turning it back on later). This may not help your issue if it is indeed hardware releated tho.
    03-21-09 07:38 PM
    I had that problem a while ago... switching headphones seemed to do the trick. Grabbed a pair form my old ipod and have yet to have the issue again.
    03-21-09 07:38 PM
    Two hours after my last post on this, I started having problems again.. I couldn't figure it out. One second it would be playing in the earphones, and then it would play through my speaker.. back and forth..

Shao128, I turned it off.. still had the same problem..

I just found my old iPod headphones, so I'm going to try those and see if I still have the problem, 'cause I'm thinking it might be the contacts (i was using the headphones that came with my curve). (Thanks, Camalus!)

I did kinda like being able to answer and talk through them while I was listening to music though. *shrug*
    03-23-09 11:59 AM
    I'm having the same problem with Sprint Music store songs. Media player works fine. I've tried all sorts of headphones and external speakers. I guess I'll just have to accept that it's a software problem and NEVER buy Sprint Music again. Has anyone else heard of this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks~
    03-27-09 10:26 AM
    I have a curve 8330 and my haedphones work fine when im talking with it....but when I go to use Pandora or Iheartradio it still plays through the speakerphone everytime.
    I'll plug it in and it plays through the headphones for a hot sec then back to the speakerphone. I turned the phone off then back on and it worked in the headphones (SMH) i dont get it lol.
    Im pissed cause ive had it only for about 3 months so i cant return it.

Any suggestions or is this gonna always be a problem........please help!

Thanks
    04-21-09 11:37 PM
    I'm having the same problem but only with movies. Music plays fine.
    Movies won't play through headphones. Have tried all fixed detailed above. I give up.

04-22-09 12:11 AM
    It's happened to me a few times when using Pandora. I would listen to a few songs through the stock headset fine, then it cuts to the speaker. It has also happened when I was talking on the headset it cut out and switched to the phone speaker. So I had to hold the phone to talk, it's getting very annoying.
    04-22-09 11:17 PM
    Based on my experience, I believe that this is a software problem. I'm on my second curve and it is now starting to do the same thing that I returned the first one for. The connection is tight, so I do not suspect hardware. I pulled the battery as someone else did and it is now working again. I am now convinced that it must be software.

I'm using a video switch to allow me to use a gaming headset to switch between Skype on my pc and my Curve. It works great, but sometimes the Curve does not switch the speaker & microphone to the headset. I noticed that when I disconnected the microphone cable, it never switches. However, when the microphone cable is connected, then it usually switches. However, the longer that I have had each Curve, the more difficult it has been to get it to switch.

The main point is that I believe that the software is looking for a microphone (and/or something else) to decide whether or not to switch the speaker & microphone to the headset. We need to get them working on a fix for this because I really like the Curve, but if it keeps doing this, then is has limited value to me.
    Last edited by bjpowell; 04-23-09 at 09:58 PM.
    04-23-09 09:48 PM
    i had the same problem its the headset i changed to my old headset and noo problem
    04-24-09 08:51 PM
    with my bb it does it all the time, no matter what i'm using. when i plug in the headphones it just wont play through them. it keeps playing through the speaker. it is slightly frustrating cause i want to listen to the music i've put on it in class, and i cant through the speaker. haha. i have no idea how to fix it...

and i cant go to sprint cause i didn't buy this phone from them. i bought it off of craigslist. everything else is just great on it, its just the speaker/headphones problem...
    04-28-09 07:09 PM
    I have a curve 8330 and my haedphones work fine when im talking with it....but when I go to use Pandora or Iheartradio it still plays through the speakerphone everytime.
    I'll plug it in and it plays through the headphones for a hot sec then back to the speakerphone. I turned the phone off then back on and it worked in the headphones (SMH) i dont get it lol.
    Im pissed cause ive had it only for about 3 months so i cant return it.

Any suggestions or is this gonna always be a problem........please help!

Thanks
    Hey I have the same problem to. When I use iheart radio the plugs switch from speaker to headphones. I found that if you only plug in the head phone jack halfway, that the music will continue to play without switching back and forth. This has worked the last sevral times that I have used the headphones. Hope this helps some what.

04-28-09 08:59 PM
    Does any one know of any otjer type of head phones that work good with the 8330. Thanks for your help.

04-28-09 09:01 PM
    I am having the same problem listening to Pandora. My Media player works fine, but Pandora will only play through the speakers and does not recognize my headphones!

I'm having the same problem with Sprint Music store songs. Media player works fine. I've tried all sorts of headphones and external speakers. I guess I'll just have to accept that it's a software problem and NEVER buy Sprint Music again. Has anyone else heard of this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks~
    05-06-09 10:36 AM
    with my bb it does it all the time, no matter what i'm using. when i plug in the headphones it just wont play through them. it keeps playing through the speaker. it is slightly frustrating cause i want to listen to the music i've put on it in class, and i cant through the speaker. haha. i have no idea how to fix it...

and i cant go to sprint cause i didn't buy this phone from them. i bought it off of craigslist. everything else is just great on it, its just the speaker/headphones problem...
    Sprint will allow you to insure any phone new or used if you insure it within 30 days of activation. You could even activate it on another number and insure it on that acc...
    05-06-09 10:47 AM
    Sprint is also offering open enrollment for their TEP through the month of May. It is normally within 30 days of activation. Take advantage of this offer while it lasts.
    05-06-09 10:53 AM
    Cool, I just dropped my insurance with them. I have a few numbers that are not under contract and the deductible is $50.00 or more on a smart phone. Having five lines times $7.00 I am going to take my chances...
    05-06-09 11:08 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD