Everything on my Curve was working fine until I tried to listen to music today.. Music was only coming out of one side of the headphones. Checked with another set of headphones same problem. When I plug the headphones in only Half way they work.. But when i plug them in all the way only one side works...

Whats wrong?
    04-08-08 06:33 PM
    The jack on a BB requires a 4-connector plug - one specifically for a BB. Check out a selection here:
    BlackBerry Curve 8320 Headphones (Hybrid Headphones, Headphone Adapters, Wired Headphones, Headphone Accessories, and more) - ShopCrackBerry
    04-08-08 06:42 PM
    As Chaz said, an adpater is required otherwise you will only get one channel on your headphones.
    04-08-08 06:45 PM
    But I have been using the headphone that i have for over 2 months now with the BB and this only happened today
    04-08-08 06:47 PM
    You may have been getting a lucky connection. I have to have a adpater for my 8820 to work properly out of both ears.

Maybe somebody who has a 8320 and uses headphones can throw in their experience.
    04-08-08 06:56 PM
    had no idea thank ya'll... garz congrats on 1000 post "master" nice
    04-08-08 07:00 PM
    Do you think it has something to do with OS 4.5 because I installed it a week ago, but it was working fine until today.. To me it seems that i have a bad connector.. any opinions?
    04-08-08 07:37 PM
    Bump anybody
    04-09-08 12:31 AM
    Yeah, shadmaster, I'm finding i have the exact same problem as you. it worked for over 3 months and all of a sudden now it is only coming out of one ear. Is an adapter really necessary?
    06-04-08 04:25 PM
    I just picked up my curve two days ago from tmobile. I just plugged in my bose headphones into the 3.5mm jack and I get sound out of both sides.
    06-04-08 05:12 PM
    I just got an 8120, plug in my Bose in-ear head phones, one side. A cheap pair of Sony, work fine.

Bought the Seidio adapter and the Bose still don't work.
    06-04-08 05:38 PM
    Try a new headphone. To see if the problem is with your BB or headphone.
    06-04-08 06:11 PM
    it is definitely the headphone jack. I've tried other headphones and they don't work out of the left channel. And doing an online search it seems like i'm not the only one. Blackberry's website has a troubleshooting guide that says to install at least software version 4.2.2 which i have and that doesn't work. My headphones themselves work fine because i can use it with any other headphone jack.
    06-05-08 01:42 PM
    I have the exact same problem. The headphone jack used to work properly, both the included (4pin) headset and any other pair of regular headphones. Then one day It only worked on one, but i could fix it by plugin them out and in again.
    With time that method stopped working, and now its even worse, as when i plug the headphones out I dont get sound from the speaker anymore until I reset the BB.
    I believe is not only a bad connection (as in: move the connector and it may work). it seems to be software related.
    I've upgraded to OS 4.5.0.37 and same thing. This is getting on my nerves.. xD
    Similar symptoms?
    06-06-08 05:13 AM
    I guess I'm just lucky All I have to do is unplug and replug my headphones if I get a bad connection and it works every time. Yes on OS4.5 too. I did notice it's one pair of head phones that I have the issue with and none of the others.
    06-06-08 07:31 AM
    I have the same problem...if I manuever the jack partially in I can hear out of both sides. Doesn't happen with my mp3.
    08-01-08 02:40 PM
    08-03-08 07:03 PM
    My Sony earbuds work perfectly fine with no adapter on an 8330. So does my 2.1 speaker set for the computer and I'm about to test the stereo in my friends car but I expect it will work fine as well. The only time I've seen a need for an adapter was on my dads 8800, or any other phone/berry with a 2.5mm headset jack in place of the Curve's 3.5mm headset/headphone jack.
    08-03-08 07:52 PM
    It is probably the contact on the inside of the phone. Sometimes they get bent and don't make contact. If you push them 1/2 way in they may work because they are contacting other contacts.
    08-03-08 08:07 PM
    I've been able to use a regular pair of headphones with my Curve 8330. In fact, I'm listening to music on my Curve with a old pair of cheap earbuds as we type.
    08-03-08 08:23 PM
    I have a 8320 with the new OS on it. I plugged some ipod headphones in it and I get sound through both sides. Before when I tried I would get a buzzing noise and didn't hear anything and if I pushed it all the way in the voice caller would pop up. I turned off(disabled) all voice crap and it seems to be working beautifully. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 10:34 PM
    Does anyone have experience in switching these out? My earphone jack went out after changing my housing and I'm looking for a cheaper fix than buying a BT headset. I'm just afraid my phone will get even MORE screwed up if I attempt it.
    05-04-09 12:23 AM
    Umm, before anyone buys anything...

I was having the same problem. Then I realized that if I let the music start playing for just a split second BEFORE plugging in the headphones, I have sound in both ears everytime. Before this point, I was only getting sound on one side.

I know it sounds stupid--and surely won't help everyone--but it's worth a shot.
    05-04-09 12:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD