Okay.. This is the deal. I changed my housing and now my headphone jack won't work. Has this ever happened to anyone? And if so do I just need to see if someting is lose? It doesn't work at all. My music I playing thru my phone and not the headset now. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by genikah; 09-03-09 at 06:37 PM.
    09-03-09 04:26 PM
    This has been mentioned before. As far as a fix, I have no thoughts on that. Search the forums and you may find something.

09-03-09 04:37 PM
    This has been mentioned before. As far as a fix, I have no thoughts on that. Search the forums and you may find something.

Oh sorry...No biggy, I just called Verizon and they are sending me a new phone.
    09-03-09 06:40 PM
    You might have voided your warranty by changing the case. Was there a small piece of white tape over the top left screw? If that is missing, they'll know it was tampered with. Or not!

Some have said that they send you a replacement but when they receive a "tampered" phone, they charge you for the replacement. But what do I know?

Good luck anyway.
    09-03-09 08:36 PM
    Next time you change the housing do not follow the directions posted in many places that tell you to pull the side pieces apart. I f you do this is will most definitely destroy the ear phone jack. I have done this several times and it screws it up every time.
    09-03-09 11:19 PM
    so there no way to fix it?
    09-03-09 11:24 PM
    Next time you change the housing do not follow the directions posted in many places that tell you to pull the side pieces apart. I f you do this is will most definitely destroy the ear phone jack. I have done this several times and it screws it up every time.
    Well you need to pry the sides out a little so the face comes off. You don't have to take them all the way off. Just be carefull and take your time and it will all be ok.

09-03-09 11:36 PM
    Thanks guys!

09-04-09 12:36 PM
    You might have voided your warranty by changing the case. Was there a small piece of white tape over the top left screw? If that is missing, they'll know it was tampered with. Or not!

Some have said that they send you a replacement but when they receive a "tampered" phone, they charge you for the replacement. But what do I know?

Good luck anyway.
    I did void the warrenty.. But $50 is not a big deal to me.. Thank god for insurance

09-04-09 12:37 PM
    so there no way to fix it?
    Nope there is no way of fixing it. The damage is done!

09-04-09 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD