Hey guys - I have a 2gb mini sd card that I'm tryng to add music to with device manager. When I drag music from the top window to the bottom window of DM, it looks like it's transferring just fine; however, when I disconnect the phone and look for the music I added, there is nothing in the media list. Is there another way I can access this music or am I transferring the mp3's from my computer the wrong way?

Thanks
    10-03-08 10:13 AM
    I have never had a problem, but you can download Media Sync, and it will do it for you.

Boomo
    10-03-08 11:03 AM
    BB Media Sync is the way to go.
    10-03-08 11:08 AM
    awesome. thanks for the help!
    10-03-08 11:35 AM
    From what I hear BB Media Sync works swell, but it also works in conjuction with iTunes - so if you don't use/have iTunes, BB Media Sync won't work for you.

From your OP it appears as if you weren't hitting all the right buttons on Roxia Media Manager (or whatever it's called...). I believe you have to select a "transfer" or "upload" or "synchronize" button after you drag and drop files from the top window to the bottom window - dragging and dropping from one window to the other does not actually cause the transfer.

Here's the editorial section...

Pretty much any other file transfer or media synch tool is better than the included Roxio "junkware". Windows Media Player, Media Monkey, WinAmp (I think, though I haven't used personally), and the aforementioned BB Media Sync (as long as you have iTunes) are all superior. Even simply transferring files manually using mass storage mode is perfectly acceptable. I use Media Monkey with success and like it for not only synching my BB, but as my main PC media player.

...end editorial.
    10-03-08 12:19 PM
    That might be my problem. I just assumed that transferring the files from the top window to the bottom loaded them onto my memory card. Thanks for the help.
    10-03-08 12:25 PM
    Ag6hd, if you're not getting on with Roxio there is another way to transfer your music. Use mass storage mode. From your bb go to Options>media card. Ensure that media card support is set to On and mass storage mode is set to On. Hook your BB up to your PC , it should now show as a removable storage device under "my computer".

You can now simply use windows to choose the file you wish to move and drag and drop into the removable storage device (your BB).
    10-03-08 12:34 PM
    I was having the same problem with Roxio, the music is in the folder for the BB on the DM but when I look for it on my BB there is nothing there.

I tried just using the BB as a mass storage device to transfer the music, but when I looked at the BB under the "my computer" option, it shows the music in the folder that i put there with Roxio but for some reason when I unplug it from my computer there is nothing when i look for it on the BB.

Is there something I am missing.....adding pics was not a problem and I used the same steps under the DM program to drag and drop from my computer to the BB folder and they show up fine, just no music.....

Help!!!!
    10-10-08 09:20 PM
    Are the songs free of DRMs? Your Curve won't play songs that have DRMs.
    10-11-08 06:51 AM
    I just drag and drop or copy and paste. I don't really use DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 07:35 AM
    Hmm I never drag from the top window to the bottom window in DM...I just open my music folder on my computer and drag it from the music folder over to the bottom window in DM and it works fine
    10-12-08 02:57 PM
    I've just been using mass storage and it works awesome. I did transfer some files that I created in itunes and they were the wrong format so I had to use the create mp3 function in itunes to get them to work. Still having problems loading movies but I'll figure it out.
    10-12-08 03:03 PM
    how do you know if your music has "DRM's"? reason I ask...
    the 1st time I ever put music onto my bb all I did was drag and drop using roxio media manager and bam worked like a charm. Now I eccidentally reformatted my card and had to replace all my music however this time it isnt working. only half my music shows up. I can however find the missing music if I go to media>explore> and select music folder. All songs will play using the media player. Im lost and dont know what else to do. can you please help???
    10-12-08 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD