I hadn't backed up in a few days and went to do it yesterday and it got so far and said there was an error. Lost all my info that had on my BB between backups. I wasn't happy.

Had to restore back to a week ago and then redo my calendar, etc. then backup.

Skip ahead to today... Same issue when I went to backup this morning. However, before I restored, I did the advance backup and saved my calendar so I could just add it when I restored from yesterday's backup.

My question... do you think it is because I am running the v4.7 DM? Now that I have my themes I want, should I downgrade to 4.6?
    06-09-09 08:53 AM
    I hadn't backed up in a few days and went to do it yesterday and it got so far and said there was an error. Lost all my info that had on my BB between backups. I wasn't happy.

Had to restore back to a week ago and then redo my calendar, etc. then backup.

Skip ahead to today... Same issue when I went to backup this morning. However, before I restored, I did the advance backup and saved my calendar so I could just add it when I restored from yesterday's backup.

My question... do you think it is because I am running the v4.7 DM? Now that I have my themes I want, should I downgrade to 4.6?
    It could be 4.7 causing it, a lot of Curve users have issues with 4.7.

First clear your browser cache and try running a backup and see if that helps.
    06-09-09 09:10 AM
    So before I backup next time, you recommend I clear the browser cache? If I have another problem after doing that, I guess I'll go down to 4.6
    06-09-09 09:16 AM
    You lost data because of a failed backup? I am not sure I have ever heard of that. When I get an error, I clear the browser cache (from inside DM) and then run the backup again without issue. I cannot see how attempting a backup would cause you to lose data...
    06-09-09 09:17 AM
    I had the same issue...my Sprint service center had me wipe the phone and restore. Don't do that! I deleted all of my browser cache, cookies, etc. That did it and I haven't had the problem since.
    06-09-09 09:18 AM
    So before I backup next time, you recommend I clear the browser cache? If I have another problem after doing that, I guess I'll go down to 4.6
    I always recommend 4.6 to Curve users.

I can't positively say that 4.7 is causing your back up problems.

Sometimes the browser cache and content store will cause back up errors.

Have you ever tried the Advanced option in Backup and Restore?

In Advanced you can choose what you want backed up.
    06-09-09 09:27 AM
    I'm saying anything that I had added between backups I lost. I didn't know to clear the browser cache. I had to restore from the last backup so I lost everything in between. I didn't know there was any other option.
    06-09-09 09:28 AM
    [QUOTE=Hosehead13;2766131]When I get an error, I clear the browser cache (from inside DM) and then run the backup again without issue. QUOTE]

How do you clear the browser cache from inside DM?
    06-09-09 09:32 AM
    Go to Backup and Restore then select Advanced and DM will scan your BB and show a list and you then scroll to Browser Cache and single click on it then click on the Clear button.

You can also clear the Content Store, Call Logs, Messages, and anything else you don't want.
    06-09-09 09:47 AM
    OK Thanks.
    06-09-09 10:10 AM
    One of the issues with the backup just happened again.

It is with the Profiles. That's where it stops on the backup. I just reprogrammed all my profiles and went to backup and that's where it stopped me. There is some conflict with my user-selected profiles and the backup.

Any ideas?
    06-09-09 10:11 AM
    What OS version are you running?

Are any of your profiles set for files on your media card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 10:17 AM

I have user-defined profiles set for the calendar, facebook, mms, sms, phone, messages (desktop).
    06-09-09 10:20 AM
    Are you using anything from your media card as an alert?

06-09-09 10:31 AM
    No. All the tones that came with my BB.
    06-09-09 11:08 AM
    It has to be something with my custom profiles that doesn't agree with the backup though. I have no 3rd party ringtones though or something on my media card that I use for profiles.
    06-09-09 11:40 AM
    Well... even though it stopped on the profiles previously... I just cleared the cache and backedf up and it worked..

Thanks for everyone's help.
    06-09-09 11:47 AM
    I'm glad you got it straightened out

06-09-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD