Lately my phones been lagging for every little thing I try to do. Switching from one app to another causes the hourglass to pop up and stay there for a few mins. Its rediculous.how can I fix the lag on my curve. The phone lags with everything, even viewing pictures, the phone is so slow, it wasn't like this before I updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SirNerd; 12-01-08 at 12:45 AM.
    12-01-08 12:38 AM
    What does your file free memory look like?

Try a soft reset and give it minute to initialize.

12-01-08 08:48 AM
    My file free is 33046715 Bytes and I've tried to reset my phone by doing battery pulls, but the problem continues. What else can I try

12-01-08 04:31 PM
    Your free space is excellent.

What apps. (3rd party) do you have installed ? Facebook, Viigo ??

Some users have experienced a "media card issue" after the upgrade to 4.5.

If you remove your media card and the handset works normally, re-format the card with the new OS installed. Back-up the card contents 1st obviously.
    12-01-08 06:11 PM
    I have viigo, facebook, brickbreaker, aim, google, simples stuff like that. How do I reformat the card? And how would I backup its contents

12-01-08 10:29 PM
    Did removing the card fix the lagging issue?
    12-02-08 06:12 AM
    Oh I didn't try to take out the memory card. Should I take out the card, leave it out and turn on my phone? Thanks for the help man, your like the only one posting on this thread besides me.

12-02-08 06:32 AM
    Before reformatting the card, I would delete facebook and/or viigo.

I dont leave viigo running in the background, I close it out and check only when I need too.

That being said, the classic hour glass/lagging seems to be a sympton of either of these apps.
    12-02-08 06:44 AM
    If you just did the upgrade and have not used the app since the upgrade, it takes a few seconds for your BB to reset the links for the app. this happened to me on a pearl that I did the upgrade on and when I went to use the camera it took a few seconds for it to work right but worked fine after the first time.
    12-02-08 06:46 AM
    Guys I did the update a while ago, its wierd because viigo wasn't lagging my phone before the update. And I rarely use the facebook app. So can someone tell me how to reformat the memory card and how to back it up. I don't want to lose my ringtones and music and pictures. Thanks huys for all the help

12-02-08 07:37 AM
    Try the phone for a few hours without the card in before you reformat anything!!!!!!!!

Rach's advise is gold !

12-02-08 08:09 AM
    The fact that Viigo dealt you no grief previously is not relevant at this point. With 4.5 some of the rules have changed.

12-02-08 08:14 AM
    Ok, so ill take out the memory card. So if the phone runs smoothly with out the card, what does that mean? Will I have to still reformat the card. What would reformating the card help with the lag? And lastly how do I reform the memory card? Lol sorry guys I have so many questions.

12-02-08 08:29 AM
    If you want to reformat, go to options, media card, menu key then format card,

Id also move everything to your PC incase things go wrong you will still have your media.
    12-02-08 08:32 AM
    Ok, ill just make copies of everything on my desktopmanagers media manager. Ill try it the next time I'm on my comp.

12-02-08 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD