Hello. My husband and I are blackberry newbies. We have had curves for a little over 2 months and have basically no big problems with them until recently. Earlier this week my husbands curve would reset itself for no reason but then it stopped doing that. then on tuesday both of us could no longer send/receive any kind of data for about 3 hours and then all of a sudden we were back in business. Now today my curve is constantly resetting itself (the screen goes blank, and then the hourglass appears....and after several minutes it will finally reload). This is happening while I am not doing anything with the phone at all.....I happen to see the white screen with the hourglass out of the corner of my eye while it is sitting on my desk.

I have tried calling verizon but they have been NO help at all. We are former alltel customers and all they have been saying is it must be some kink from the alltel/verizon conversion. I just don't know...all I do know is that is driving me CRAZY! I would appreciate if anyone has any idea about what might be causing this to happen and what can be done about it.

The only thing I have new on my curve right now is just the other day I synced up my outlook notes with the phone memo pad......before that I just had contacts and calendar synced. And I did notice that most of the times the phone has been reset has been shortly after I opened up the memo pad to look at a note. Could that be the problem???? I know that my file memory is not low. Every time I check it is almost always about 45mb...the lowest I have seen it has been 42mb.

Thanks in advance for anyone with advice!
    07-30-09 11:36 AM
    Im gonna suggest you take your media card out for a bit, see if it stays on...
    07-30-09 11:40 AM
    What os version is on the phone? To find this go options>about. It will be v4.______
    07-30-09 11:42 AM
    Im gonna suggest you take your media card out for a bit, see if it stays on...
    hmmm....do you think my memory card could be corrupt or something?

What os version is on the phone? To find this go options>about. It will be v4.______
    it is version 4.5.0.160
    07-30-09 11:45 AM
    Yeh, its updated to a good OS.. I run that, no issues, try taking it out - see what happens...

Did you use the media card in another device before your curve?
    07-30-09 11:47 AM
    Yeh, its updated to a good OS.. I run that, no issues, try taking it out - see what happens...

Did you use the media card in another device before your curve?
    I did use the card on another device but I did reformat it when I put it in my curve. As I said I have basically had no real problems since I got the phone 2 months ago......but I will try taking it the card out and see if that helps.
    07-30-09 11:51 AM
    I did use the card on another device but I did reformat it when I put it in my curve. As I said I have basically had no real problems since I got the phone 2 months ago......but I will try taking it the card out and see if that helps.
    i'd bet money it's the media card. i had the same problem a couple months ago.
    07-30-09 12:04 PM
    i'd bet money it's the media card. i had the same problem a couple months ago.
    I will certainly try taking it out then....I really wouldn't have thought that might be causing this problem.
    07-30-09 12:08 PM
    I will certainly try taking it out then....I really wouldn't have thought that might be causing this problem.
    keep us posted.
    07-30-09 12:11 PM
    I will keep you posted. I just took out the sd card and put the battery back in and I am waiting on it to start up. right before i did that I plugged it into my computer to copy some files over off the card and then i opened up the media player to check something and then the entire bb completely locked up......no buttons would work at all. I will leave the card out for a few days and if I no longer have any problems I guess I will pick up a new card this weekend. If I am still having the reset problem I guess I will need to figure out what else to do. Thanks for the advice.
    07-30-09 12:19 PM
    i have a bb 8310 ,when i try to update it using a desktop manager ,theres an error in multistage app loader ,and bb still in boot mode,( red light on and off) no usb recognition,,,,HELP PLEASE!!,I TRIED SO MANY THINGS
    07-30-09 03:24 PM
    Well good news on my front...I think.....I took out the sd card around 1pm and so far I have had NO problems. No spontaneous resetting. Thanks to those that suggested taking it out. I would have never thought to do that! I went and picked up a new one this afternoon and I am gonna put it in later one.....hopefully there will be no more problems.
    07-30-09 04:02 PM
    Well good news on my front...I think.....I took out the sd card around 1pm and so far I have had NO problems. No spontaneous resetting. Thanks to those that suggested taking it out. I would have never thought to do that! I went and picked up a new one this afternoon and I am gonna put it in later one.....hopefully there will be no more problems.
    Don't open the new card packaging just yet. You may be able to return it.

Sometimes the memory card gets corrupted during OS upgrades. I noticed that you are running 4.5.0.160, did your rebooting problems occur shortly after the OS upgrade?

All you need to do is reformat the old card in the BB again, then all will be good.
    07-30-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD