I have my personal and work email going to my Blackberry. They have 2 separate folders/icons, which is great, and in my profiles I can set them up differently so that I get the blinking red light when I have new personal email but no reminder when I have new work email - this is also great.

However, is there a way to have it so the folder icon only shows new email (with the count of how many unread new emails I have) if I have new personal email but not if I have new work email? It seems that when I change this setting, no matter which email I'm in when I change this setting, it changes it for both. I get a lot of email at work and I don't want to have that icon when I have new work email - I'm either at work in front of my computer already so I don't need it, or I'm at home and don't want to know about it. I would just like to see the unread email icon only for my personal email, and not work email. I like being able to go into my work email and check it on my own, without having the constant reminder of the folder icon. I know...it's a little anal.

Note: I am not going through my company's Blackberry server - I'm just using their Outlook web access method, so it's set up just like my personal email.
    04-20-09 03:01 PM
    I have my personal and work email going to my Blackberry. They have 2 separate folders/icons, which is great, and in my profiles I can set them up differently so that I get the blinking red light when I have new personal email but no reminder when I have new work email - this is also great.

However, is there a way to have it so the folder icon only shows new email (with the count of how many unread new emails I have) if I have new personal email but not if I have new work email? It seems that when I change this setting, no matter which email I'm in when I change this setting, it changes it for both. I get a lot of email at work and I don't want to have that icon when I have new work email - I'm either at work in front of my computer already so I don't need it, or I'm at home and don't want to know about it. I would just like to see the unread email icon only for my personal email, and not work email. I like being able to go into my work email and check it on my own, without having the constant reminder of the folder icon. I know...it's a little anal.

Note: I am not going through my company's Blackberry server - I'm just using their Outlook web access method, so it's set up just like my personal email.
    You are talking about teh setting in Messages Options under General Options right? If so that is for all e-mails... i havent seen an option to specify the icons only for specific accounts... On thing you might like is berrybuzz... you can change the LED color for each specific e-mail.. say you want your work e-mail green and your personal blue (or even work off and personal blue) it helps to tell you which application is alerting you instead of the generic red for all...
    04-20-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD