I had 4.5 on my other BB curve for a couple months and it seemed to be ok except for the general automatic reboot it would do to itself in random phone calls. I got a replacement from Tmo so I installed the same OS on it as was on the old one. Today it has been constantly rebooting itself ALL the time no matter what. During calls, texting, sitting there... I have a feeling it has to do with the OS, how can I downgrade to see if that's the issue?
    10-18-08 03:50 PM
    This is not unknown. One of my 8310s does this on any version of OS 4.5.

To downgrade, you first need to find and download the old version of the OS you want. I can help you find this if you need me to.

- Uninstall OS 4.5 from your PC.
    - Download and install CrackMem from the link in my signature.
    - Read the Help text of CrackMem because it has a step-by-step gude.
    - Run CrackMem, select the OS that you are going to install and use it to remove Vendor.xml and any other module that you wish.
    - Connect your phone and use Desktop Manger to sync your personal data to Outlook.
    - Launch Application Manager and let it do the downgrade.

This should solve your problem.
    10-18-08 03:59 PM
    Thanks Pete...I'm starting the process now...What's your CrackMem program do?
    10-18-08 04:08 PM
    Thanks Pete...I'm starting the process now...What's your CrackMem program do?
    CrackMem is designed to help manage the pre-OS installation process.

It works with the OS and depending on the options you choose, it removes unwanted modules from the OS prior to installation.

Have a quick read of the thread and download it from the end of my first post.
    10-18-08 04:35 PM
    WHOA !!!
    I have this same problem and would just die if this fixed the random reboot issue .. WHERE OH WHERE ARE WE FINDING OLD OSs FROM ?? i have a TMO 8320 >>
    10-18-08 04:44 PM
    WHOA !!!
    I have this same problem and would just die if this fixed the random reboot issue .. WHERE OH WHERE ARE WE FINDING OLD OSs FROM ?? i have a TMO 8320 >>
    The OS upgrade I did that night was straight from RIM! I SO do not wanna lose my html email and the nice look
    10-18-08 04:53 PM
    The OS upgrade I did that night was straight from RIM! I SO do not wanna lose my html email and the nice look
    Kinda lost .. what OS are you on now ??
    10-18-08 05:10 PM
    Kinda lost .. what OS are you on now ??

I'm on 4.5.0.81 now...
    10-18-08 05:15 PM
    I'm on 4.5.0.81 now...
    ohh .. okay .. you havnt downgraded ?? are you still getting random resarts during phone calls ?? this is what is happening to me and i will sacrifice nearly anything to eliminate this problem ..
    10-18-08 05:17 PM
    ohh .. okay .. you havnt downgraded ?? are you still getting random resarts during phone calls ?? this is what is happening to me and i will sacrifice nearly anything to eliminate this problem ..

Earlier today my phone was going crazy! I haven't downgraded yet because it has seemed to calm down. I really hate losing all the cool features of 4.5 and going back to the Blah-berry...
    10-18-08 05:20 PM
    Earlier today my phone was going crazy! I haven't downgraded yet because it has seemed to calm down. I really hate losing all the cool features of 4.5 and going back to the Blah-berry...
    totally understand .. this problem is something that wont seem to calm down for me so i need to find an answer .. it just turns out an older os for an 8320 is difficult to locate .. also im not sure which os i should really be looking for anyway ..
    10-18-08 05:23 PM
    totally understand .. this problem is something that wont seem to calm down for me so i need to find an answer .. it just turns out an older os for an 8320 is difficult to locate .. also im not sure which os i should really be looking for anyway ..
    I went straight to Tmobile's website...well I googled it first to find it. They have 4.2.2.180. Just google "tmobile blackberry software download".... I'd put the link but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to. That's the most recent OS for them. They're my carrier so I figured if I was gonna downgrade, I'd use that.
    10-18-08 05:25 PM
    I went straight to Tmobile's website...well I googled it first to find it. They have 4.2.2.180. Just google "tmobile blackberry software download".... I'd put the link but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to. That's the most recent OS for them. They're my carrier so I figured if I was gonna downgrade, I'd use that.
    heres the unfortunate part .. its a tmo phone but its unlocked and on rogers now .. u need a tmo number to download there software .. but its good to know thats its 4.2 im looking for ..
    10-18-08 05:34 PM
    Ok, so final straw.... I was on an important call and the damn thing rebooted...TWICE! I have no choice but the downgrade now and really hope it works
    10-18-08 05:46 PM
    Ok, so final straw.... I was on an important call and the damn thing rebooted...TWICE! I have no choice but the downgrade now and really hope it works
    God .. if anyone feels your pain its me !! I really hope this works for the both of us !! let me know how your procwess goes ..
    10-18-08 05:47 PM
    God .. if anyone feels your pain its me !! I really hope this works for the both of us !! let me know how your procwess goes ..
    Thanks! Same for you too! I'm am SO OCD when it comes to tinkering with technology and electronics...ya ever here that saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..."? I just can't do that! It always about the bestest and the baddest first, lmao I'm about to start working for RIM on monday just doing partner support. They give you an 8800 or a Bold but it doesnt come with a voice plan, only data, and it doesnt allow you to add voice. I'm prolly going to tell them to keep it because if I can't use it to its fullest I'm gonna go insane
    10-18-08 05:52 PM
    Thanks! Same for you too! I'm am SO OCD when it comes to tinkering with technology and electronics...ya ever here that saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..."? I just can't do that! It always about the bestest and the baddest first, lmao I'm about to start working for RIM on monday just doing partner support. They give you an 8800 or a Bold but it doesnt come with a voice plan, only data, and it doesnt allow you to add voice. I'm prolly going to tell them to keep it because if I can't use it to its fullest I'm gonna go insane
    while i am a lot like you ( i have a beta 4.5.0.93 on my curve right now) i think i may still take that free bold .. even if it is data only .. you can never have too much electronics laying around ..

and on a side note .. maybe you can ask someone at RIM what on earth is going on with these phones ..
    10-18-08 05:55 PM
    while i am a lot like you ( i have a beta 4.5.0.93 on my curve right now) i think i may still take that free bold .. even if it is data only .. you can never have too much electronics laying around ..

and on a side note .. maybe you can ask someone at RIM what on earth is going on with these phones ..

Oh i definitely plan on doing some digging to find out the secrets behind the BB. I can prolly say that if I asked why 4.5.?.? isnt working on my phone, they'll say since it hasnt officially been released for my carrier, they can't guarantee it'll work. That's the whole idea behind being in tech support, learning the secrets
    10-18-08 06:10 PM
    Oh i definitely plan on doing some digging to find out the secrets behind the BB. I can prolly say that if I asked why 4.5.?.? isnt working on my phone, they'll say since it hasnt officially been released for my carrier, they can't guarantee it'll work. That's the whole idea behind being in tech support, learning the secrets
    or maybe they will tell you what they told me .. 'how should we know' contact your service proveder' .. jerks .. (not to inlcude you though)
    10-18-08 06:12 PM
    or maybe they will tell you what they told me .. 'how should we know' contact your service proveder' .. jerks .. (not to inlcude you though)

That sucks! Were you calling RIM directly when they told u that?
    10-18-08 06:27 PM
    That sucks! Were you calling RIM directly when they told u that?
    That was a RIM representitive .. they said that they were unable/unwilling to do anything for me ..
    10-18-08 06:28 PM
    That was a RIM representitive .. they said that they were unable/unwilling to do anything for me ..
    OMG, I'm shocked...

Well, I've officially switched back to 4.2. If that doesnt fix the problem, this phone is going back too.
    10-18-08 06:47 PM
    Working for RIM, gotta get you on bbm,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 06:49 PM

Oh yeah? Why's that I think I removed BBM from my phone.
    10-18-08 06:51 PM

AGREED .. Always pays to have good friends ..

OMG, I'm shocked...

Well, I've officially switched back to 4.2. If that doesnt fix the problem, this phone is going back too.
    SOOO its done ehh ?? how does it look ?? do u think that ui will be able to survive with this downgrade ??

let me know how everything is going !!
    10-18-08 06:53 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD