How do I do a hard reset on my curve?
    10-12-08 09:00 AM
    Take the battery out for about 30 seconds. Welcome to CB!
    10-12-08 09:03 AM
    If you are looking to wipe the device then do the following after you do a back up first.

Options>security options> General options>menu button>wipe handheld. After this you may need to re-program your device - per carrier and re-send service books.

Book are done by going to options>advanced options>host rougting tables>menu button>register now
    10-12-08 10:32 AM
    �ou can also use slt+right cap+del instead of a battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 10:42 AM
    slt button is just left of the z button
    Jk crack rules!

10-12-08 11:39 AM
    �ou can also use alt+right cap+del instead of a battery pull
    This is known as a soft reset, is it not?
    10-12-08 11:58 AM
    Haha, oops, [bold]alt+right cap+del[/bold]

Plt......I guess you would call it a soft reset, but it does the same as a battery pull. Hmmm.....

10-12-08 02:06 PM
    �ou can also use slt+right cap+del instead of a battery pull

Once its starts to fire back up(screen lights back up with hour glass), do that a second time and thats considered a hard reset. If you only do it once, then its considered a soft reset.
    10-12-08 02:12 PM
    It's a hard reset if you push alt-right shift-delete again just as the white screen comes up.

10-12-08 02:14 PM
    Great minds think alike Garz!

10-12-08 02:15 PM
    It's a hard reset if you push alt-right shift-delete again just as the white screen comes up.

also called a double soft reset...
    10-12-08 02:33 PM
    what does doing a hard reset do vs soft reset .i do soft reset or battery pull?
    10-12-08 04:51 PM
    This is from Blackberry

Details
    Resetting the BlackBerry device is a useful way to resolve issues and is usually the first step in troubleshooting the BlackBerry device. Knowing the differences between a hard, soft, and master reset ensures that the correct troubleshooting method has been chosen.

Note: Backup all applications before resetting the BlackBerry device using the Backup and Restore tool on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Performing a soft reset on the BlackBerry device

Performing a soft reset stops all applications on the BlackBerry device by pressing the ALT-CAP-DELETE keys. A soft reset re-establishes communication between the BlackBerry device and the computer.

Note: This does not apply to the BlackBerry� Pearl™ smartphone.

Performing a hard reset on the BlackBerry device

The first step in troubleshooting a network, software or hardware error is often to perform a hard reset. With Java� based devices, this is accomplished by removing the battery. A hard reset on a C++ based device is accomplished by pressing the Reset button.

Performing a master reset

The master reset feature is not available on the BlackBerry device and is only applicable to selected manufacturer devices. A master reset removes all user-installed applications and data, including BlackBerry Connect software. For more about master resets, contact your service provider.
    Last edited by lastraid; 10-12-08 at 05:03 PM.
    10-12-08 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD