I had problems with my BB earlier this morning and it wouldn't start or do anything. It pretty much wouldn't boot up. Took it to Sprint, they had to give me a new phone.

At first, I was freaking out but the guy at Sprint assured me that since I have been syncing my BB on a regular basis (just a few days ago) via my Mac, everything would back up, including my new themes.

Well, when I got home, I synced my new BB via PocketMac Sync manager and nope. Nothing is there apparently. Only a small amount of contacts and nothing on my calendar, and definitely not my themes. I had to buy one of the themes all over again. Neat.

All this time I have been syncing my phone to my Mac, and apparently nothing has been backing up. I am so PO'd right now, I could scream!

Not only that, I honestly cannot remember how to change the ringer, the notification alerts that I get for my e-mail, texts, etc. How on earth do I change this? I cannot believe I can't remember this stuff.

I guess I need help with all of this. I am so upset, because as usual, I was doing it all wrong.

Is there something better (and more reliable) out there to sync my BB via my Mac?

Thanks for your help/advice.

P.S. I tried reinstalling my Facebook application because the shortcut was not on my home screen. Apparently the application is somewhere on my BB, but I want the shortcut. How do I get the shortcut onto my home screen along with my twitterberry, my BB messenger, etc.????
    04-21-09 10:38 PM
    You can use Google sync if you have/get a Gmail acct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:58 PM
    You can use Google sync if you have/get a Gmail acct.

Well, that would be great if I used google calendars, or use a gmail account, but I don't. I use iCal and my own domains for e-mail addresses.

Thanks.
    04-21-09 11:55 PM
    Once again, does anybody know how I would change my ringers, notifications for messaging, etc.? I don't remember how to do this.

Thank you.

P.S. Got the FB shortcut loaded, so that problem is solved.
    04-21-09 11:59 PM
    profiles.... advanced.... highlight the one you want and hit "edit"
    04-22-09 12:01 AM
    now one for you... how do i get my info below my name? i.e. carrier, device, pin, etc....
    04-22-09 12:01 AM
    nevermind.... got it
    04-22-09 12:02 AM
    Take it easy, your ringer changes are under Profiles>advanced Profiles, edit it how you like.

04-22-09 12:03 AM
    Take it easy, your ringer changes are under Profiles>advanced Profiles, edit it how you like.

See, I tried that, but when I went to Profiles>Advanced, it only gives me the options of the phone. This is what it says when I go to advanced:

Loud
    Vibrate
    Quiet
    Normal
    Phone only
    Off

I had thought that's where I went before, so I was surprised that this is what came up instead of the other options for SMS text, messenger, etc.

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?
    04-22-09 08:06 AM
    ^^^Never mind. I just clicked the left button and it came up with the other options that I could choose from.

Thanks!!!!!!
    04-22-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD