so my fiance ordered me and my mom a trackball for our blackberries i got a black one with black ring and she ordered my mom a red one well i finally get it in today and i install mine and bam works just fine well i install my moms when she gets home and BAM nothing at all ball sticks when it moves and it seems to barely want to go anywhere if not in the opposite directions if i had video i would show but idont so any ideas out there fellow crackberriers lol i tried putting it in everywhich way and still nothing wiped it down with alcho; to my suprise STILL NOTHING please help me
    04-21-09 10:15 PM
    Nothing we can do to help except tell you to return it and get another.
    04-21-09 10:20 PM
    That's the problem with the colored balls from Hong Kong, they aren't OEM like the black ones.

Some ppl have reported that they got the colored balls to work by swapping the magnet/rollers from their original TB assemblies to the colored assembly.

I must say, your fianc� sounds like a wonderful gal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:22 PM
    she is a wonderful gal but as she spoils me i spoil her way more with lolita and ball joint dolls and a trip to japan soon to for a week well 8 days and is there a video or something on how to swap out the magnets
    04-21-09 10:25 PM
    Try the vids in this post. Hint: Use an assembled TB assembly as reference when putting the TB assembly together, it only goes together one way.
    04-21-09 10:31 PM
    what vids in what post lol and please send links and do ya see how much i spoil her LOLZ
    \
    04-21-09 10:32 PM
    04-21-09 10:40 PM
    sometimes you get a crappy trackball mechanism (non-oem magnetic rollers), sometimes you just get the oem rollers in the opposite direction, or sometimes... a mix of both, non oem and opposite

i ordered a red trackball from cnn.cn some time ago and it wasnt responding well to movements. i switched the ball to a g1 trackball mechanism and worked perfectly.
    04-21-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD