Hello CBs, I'm having an issue with networks while at work. My phone (Tmobile - Curve) connects to the WIFI @ work without issues, but EDGE goes to GSM and the browser and other apps say there's no data network even though I'm connected to WIFI.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong here?

Forgive me if I missed something, this is my first BB.
    11-20-07 03:16 PM
    What happens if you turn off the wifi? Does it stay on GSM or does it eventually go back to EDGE?

I've noticed GSM when the wifi gets weak. UMA will turn back to GSM...then in a minute or so will go to EDGE. Then if wifi signal gets strong enough it will go back to UMA.

It sounds like you're having an issue with the wifi connection. The wifi logo needs to be bold in order to use the wifi browser. EDGE needs to turn to UMA in order to use the phone over wifi.
    11-20-07 03:25 PM
    If I turn off the WIFI, GSM stays on for some time... No EDGE until I go outside or move around the office. There's a weak TMo signal in this building, but it was never an outage.
    11-20-07 03:30 PM
    That's likely the cause. A weak signal and then too much switching will put the device in GSM until a stronger signal is received. You're best bet is to work out the wifi issue. Turn off the mobile network altogether and see if you can get the wifi working better.

If you go to Options >Mobile Network and change to "wifi only" it won't try and switch to GSM/EDGE. I do that at home to prevent too much switching when I get a little too far from my router. Works very well.
    11-20-07 03:32 PM
    Thanks. I'll try that when I gi back to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-07 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD