I am a newbie with the blackberry so I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. It took about 2 days before I started getting my emails on my blackberry and I'm assuming that is normal. Now I am getting all of my emails except the ringtone downloads from Crackberry. I get them on my desktop but not on my blackberry. Is it possible that there is a spam filter on my blackberry and that the ringtones are coming in as spam? If so, how do I remove it? I have the Curve 8330. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
    06-16-08 01:05 PM
    Its unusual to take 2 days from time you activiated your Data plan.

To your other point, I did have a similar problem in receiving emails. I was receiving the mails on my internet account and not my BB. So I called Tmo and they did a bunch of things like sent me service books and stuff but it really did not help. Then they put me throgh RIM and the guy concluded that it was dome database curruption issue with one of the mails that are there in my device envolope. So he adviced me to delete all the mails that I have in my device for that particular account and after that, everythign was working fine.

Mind you, I even deleted and recreated the account but I was still not getting the mails.

Hope this helps.
    06-16-08 02:03 PM
    As VizagDude it shouldn't have taken two days for your Data plan to activate.

As far as the other problem I avoid using ringtones off a Crackberry there are plenty of free ringtone sites that offer quality and a good selection of ringtones. Or as for me I just make my own WOOO HOO!

I have no idea if this helps any... lol
    06-16-08 02:38 PM

As far as the other problem I avoid using ringtones off a Crackberry there are plenty of free ringtone sites that offer quality and a good selection of ringtones.
    Dude the ring tones here are FREE and there is a GOOD selection. Don't know what you're talking about!
    06-16-08 02:55 PM
    Resend your service books. Do battery pull.

For past couple days I am getting a lot of spam coming in from Yahoo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 02:57 PM
    LOL ERDude... I know, crackberry has a free and awesome selection. It's a personal perference not to use the site for my ring tones. We are allowed to have personal preferneces right? LOL!
    Last edited by crackberry penguin; 06-16-08 at 03:06 PM.
    06-16-08 03:00 PM
    personal preferences are not available until 4.5, sorry
    06-16-08 03:08 PM
    Resend your service books. Do battery pull.

For past couple days I am getting a lot of spam coming in from Yahoo.

I have pulled the battery, I don't know how to resend my service books. I truly am a blackberry user newbie..lol!!!
    Also, is it possible to make ringtones from the voice notes recorder?
    06-16-08 03:20 PM
    Sleepymonkey that was a priceless comment lol

06-16-08 11:49 PM
    I don't know how to resend my service books. I truly am a blackberry user newbie..lol!!!
    Umm as far as I know you cant resend your own service books - you need to get your service provider to do this for you as they have the latest ones - I had this done to fix a problem a few days ago and it worked.

Clive
    06-17-08 05:06 AM
    Clive, untrue. BIS users can log into their provider's BIS site and send their own service books, which should be the latest their provider has access to.

BES users, I think, need to call their help desk/BES admins to have them pushed out.

06-17-08 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD