Hello my fellow Crack(berry) addicts,

I have a 8310 that was replaced by an iPhone then a Samsung Captivate. I found my old 8310 from years past. My love for the 8310 has caused me to lose sleep, and have had a nightmareish time.

You see, I want to alternate between my Captivate (droid) and 8310. I turned it on with my SIM card in, and my BIS and browser were gone, but Medianet and OTA still worked. What I really need it for is email, which was broken. Lo and behold the service books were gone, and the registration site for BIS on Cingular and ATT failed me.

I've looked at alternative options, and have come up with settling for unlocking and dumping it on a pay-as-you-go/no-contact option. Preferably, I do not want it as a true phone. BIS email is a must as well as data for the IM+ client I spent $50 on back in the day when I was over eager to IM. I rely on redundancy and 24/7 uptime as an IT professional, but do not get compensated enough to afford too much of a contract.

What do I need to do move my Blackberry over to say Virgin mobile for the $35/month plan? Im sure I can just dump a SIM card in, but I'll need to activate it and dump some new service books on there. I also want to be able to cancel and start up as I need to month-to-month.

Thanks for the help!
    11-18-10 05:59 PM
    Virgin Mobile USA is CDMA (no SIM cards). You could unlock your device and use T-Mobile flexpay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD