Just got the 8330 like 2 days ago. Yesterday the GPS was working fine, using Sprint Telenav, Googlemaps, BB Maps... Today I was messing around with Nav4all and I noticed the screen pulled up a box that said it was adjusting security permissions... All I know is from then on, none of the GPS programs could find a satellite. I uninstalled Nav4all and Live Search and Yahoo! Go, thinking maybe the multitude of programs was somehow screwing things up. No dice. Still, nothing connects... I've made sure that my permissions are all set to "Allow" for everything, and GPS Location is on.

I'm in the process of resetting everything up after I wiped the Blackberry. Figured I'd give it one more go before I take it into the shop.

The other weird thing is that the keyboard/trackball backlight has gone weird. very often, it will not turn on even in total darkness. When it does come on, often only half the keyboard lights up.

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom, other than that it's a bad handset?
    09-11-08 01:39 AM
    If you only got it 2 days ago, take it back and get a replacement. Save yourself the headache in the future of having to deal with more problems.
    09-11-08 08:32 AM
    When mine does than I give it a bath in a bowl of warm water. That usually does the trick for me.
    09-22-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD