Hello all

Ok, ill try to keep this short....

I have a Blackberry 8310 and signed up with oranges blackberry plan about 2 months ago, everything was fine...... I then realized that orange had me on there 6 Mb download limit instead of the 250Mb limit i had requested, so i phoned them and got it switch to the right plan. Ever since the swap over which took about 3 weeks my GPS has not worked ?

I have also noticed that my phone no longer shows EDGE at the top of the screen, is that needed for GPS to work ?

Anyway i hope someone can help as Orange just keep saying they do not support GPS so they cant help me, even though i have told them about it working previously on the old package... (they suck). So i have just been beating me head against a brick wall everytime i call them.

ok guys/girls hope someone can help me

Raiden
    10-01-08 02:01 PM
    Hi All,

Ok its not to do with EDGE, im a new blackberry user and dont really know alot about this phone so sorry if i sound a bit thick.....

I dont know if this will help but if i go to BB Maps, it just sits there saying "searching for satellites" and goes no further.

I dont hold up much hope for gettting this working again, are there any checks i can do ?

Thanks again

Raiden
    10-02-08 12:33 PM
    Go to options - advanced options - GPS. Get as high and open sky as you can get and go refresh gps. Your data plan has no impact on GPS which uses sats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 12:43 PM
    Go to options - advanced options - GPS. Get as high and open sky as you can get and go refresh gps. Your data plan has no impact on GPS which uses sats.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well, I just walked to the 3rd floor of my companies garage & its as clear as can be & my GPS is still "searching for satellites". That is happening with BB411, BBMaps, & Live Search.
    10-02-08 01:30 PM
    i will try on the way to work tomorrow but i dont think this will clear the problem, ill give it ago though just to rule out anything to do with being in a bad area. It has been working fine before i changed plans though this could just be a Coincidence. Thankyou for your response, i will let you know the outcome....

thanks again
    Raiden
    10-02-08 02:41 PM
    It started to work about 7 miles from where i am, not sure why as it has worked from my home in the past. Anyway im happy it is working, maybe its the change of weather in the U.K. winter is coming and its very cloudy at the moment.

Thanks for your help

Raiden
    10-05-08 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD