Hey I have been having a real hard time getting my maps/GPS to work. One of the main reasons I got this phone was for this feature and now it rarely works, and if it does, it gives me my location within 1900m(what the **** is the point of that????). I have a Blackberry Curve 8330 and I am with Telus.
    Does anybody know anyway to fix it? It always either gets stuck on "Searching for satellites" or it gives my location within pretty much 2 km.
    09-06-08 01:51 AM
    Do you know if your carrier "locks down" your GPS so that it
    can only be used with the paid app on the device.

Also make sure when you refresh the GPS you have a clear view
    of the sky. To get you closer press zero every 5 seconds or so
    and see if that helps.
    09-06-08 02:46 AM
    Also check to make sure the GPS setting isn't set to 911 only, location off, or something that otherwise indicates it being turned off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 02:43 AM
    what program are you using? if your using google maps then that might be the prob. i heard everyone say google pwns bbmaps, but when i had it it couldn't track me as accuratley.
    09-08-08 09:13 AM
    I have the exact same issue...searching for sat but never connects, well it does once in a while.
    I already checked all the issues mentioned, and TELUS tells me it is a RIM issue, not a TELUS issue???
    My friend is on Rogers with the same phone and it works fine!
    10-10-08 09:38 AM
    Well you guys can't have the same phone, because Rogers is GSM and Telus is CDMA. But either way, your phone has GPS and should be working fine. Check the options that others have suggested.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD