Hi there
    I am new to blackberry and wondering if anyone can tell me how to find the GPS function on the phone... I really would like to use it!

Thanks so much
    08-21-08 06:45 AM
    I know that VZW cripples their GPS on their phones. It should be under options>advanced>GPS

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/gps...0-update-1279/
    Last edited by Threefive; 08-21-08 at 06:49 AM. Reason: link
    08-21-08 06:47 AM
    Hi there
    I am new to blackberry and wondering if anyone can tell me how to find the GPS function on the phone... I really would like to use it!

Thanks so much
    You have to pay for VZNavigator with Verizon. GPS is disabled.

Point yourself in the right direction with VZ Navigator
    With spoken turn-by-turn directions, you can locate more than 14 million local businesses and attractions in the United States, including hotels, golf courses, shopping centers, restaurants, hospitals, ATMs and more. VZ Navigator uses Location Based Services (LBS) to tell you where you are, what's nearby, and to give you directions - quickly and easily.
    08-21-08 06:50 AM
    Well, I have 8800 and is connected to Telstra (Australia). The GPS is accessible via Options menu -> Advanced -> GPS. You need to choose Refresh in menu to show your current position.
    For using maps you need a software, but all of them (even with free subscription, like Google Mobile) use your data traffic, so you need to pay to your provider. There are some other ways, like using TrekBuddy software (free). Google it and look through discussions on the forum.
    08-21-08 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD