Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member on crackberry, although I have owned BBs for years and have found this forum very useful in the past.

I have yet another Verizon related GPS question. I have searched through the many threads and haven't quite found any info that answers my question.

Is my blackberry capable of downloading maps to my card or something like that to allow me to use gps functionality without having cell signal? I would like to use my phone as a gps when I'm hiking and whatnot. Is that a pipedream? I wouldn't be suprized to hear that I'm one of the poor saps who has Verizon and thusly cannot do so even though most BB owners using other carriers potentially could. :P

I have an 8330 and I subscribe to VZnav (which under most situations, I have been quite impressed with).

Any help or info about this would be greatly appreciated!
    09-02-08 11:38 AM
    There are a couple third party apps that will allow you to download maps ahead of time. TrekBuddy is the name of one I think.
    09-02-08 11:47 AM
    There are various 3rd party programs that will use a blue tooth gps receiver. Try the search on this forum and many will be mentioned.
    Good luck.
    09-02-08 02:07 PM
    There are various 3rd party programs that will use a blue tooth gps receiver. Try the search on this forum and many will be mentioned.
    Good luck.
    I believe the OP was looking for a solution to store mapping information on a memory card.
    09-02-08 02:15 PM
    As sunkast posted, TrekBuddy is one app. Mobile GMaps is another. I saw a post recently that TrekBuddy has their own forum for map issues. You could probably find it by googling TrekBuddy.
    09-02-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD