Im tring to take my current curve and copy it to my new one tmobile sent me. But its just coping my phone book. But theme wallpaper, games apps none of that is working and its also keeping all these other programs on it that i had off my old curve. What am i doing wrong. I did a back and and tried a restore as well as I did the device swap and its coming out the same way each time. How can i make my current curve as is on my new curve?
    02-13-08 04:02 PM
    Try using the apploader, that might work, as thats how you install the theme to the original BB
    02-13-08 04:13 PM
    You can't backup/restore application or software from your old BlackBerry, you would have to redownload those into your new BlackBerry.

Edit: Sorry, yes you can backup application/software, HERE is how.
    - Thanks to Chaz
    Last edited by Benny; 02-13-08 at 05:01 PM.
    02-13-08 04:18 PM
    Are you using the device switch wizard?
    02-13-08 04:20 PM
    i know how to install things.. i wanna copy my current phone over to my new phone with all things intact. is that possible?
    02-13-08 04:20 PM
    You can't backup/restore application or software from your old BlackBerry, you would have to redownload those into your new BlackBerry.
    thats crazy.. so people have to do everything all over again. thats just plan stupid. thats a ton of work for me. wow i really wasn't expecting it to be that difficult
    02-13-08 04:21 PM
    so im going to loose all my free games i cant get anymore since im not a new blackberry user. i going to have to pay for my email viewer again and everything.. wow i might just say forget it and deal with this broken phone. this is totally killing my bb buzz i had for so long
    02-13-08 04:25 PM
    02-13-08 04:36 PM
    Oh, thats great! I never knew that.
    See.. you learn something new everyday.

- I only have my first BlackBerry for less than 2 months, so please excuse me for any wrong information/help that is given.
    02-13-08 04:57 PM
    genius... im good to go now.. does anyone know how i can get bbsmart to take my new pin #? cause of course i have a new one now
    02-13-08 05:08 PM
    I have the same situation & waiting for a new bb from tmo, my question is when you to restore will that copy your address, calendar, email etc to the new bb. thanks.
    02-15-08 07:42 PM
    You will have to email BBSMART and tell them the situation and see if they will give you a new code or activate this one (they should but there is no guarantee). I use empower and had to do the same, I just sent an email explaining the change due to broken BB and the old pin i had and the new pin and they sent me a new unlock code.
    02-16-08 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD