A friend gave me her 8330 (through Alltel) and now I'm trying to upgrade the device os and change the device email. But thing is, it is all registered to her, and she dropped off the map. So the device is still registered to her through blackberry or something. I'm new to bbs and can't figure out what to do. Do I need to wait for her to pop up and log in to the device email to change it for me? Or is there a way around.
    05-23-09 10:20 AM
    Couple of options here. You wait to ocntact her and have her delete her old BIS account, this will free up the pin. The other way is to call Alltel and see if they will do it for you.
    05-23-09 10:24 AM
    how do you delete the bis account? Not even really sure what that is.
    05-23-09 10:26 AM
    You cannot delete it. Actually the carrier has to do it. Blackberry Internet Service (BIS). This is how your email gets pushed to the device. Once the old account gets deleted, you can get your carrier BIS site or set it up from the phone. Each BB device a pin number that is specific to the device and if you try register and that PIN is already linked to an account, it will not let you set up another.
    05-23-09 10:30 AM
    What if you wiped the berry completely. Forgot the program name but there is a program to download to the computer that will erase EVERYTHING. When we did this to a friends curve that was frozen...it ended up changing his PIN and everything once an os was loaded back on.
    05-23-09 11:22 AM
    What if you wiped the berry completely. Forgot the program name but there is a program to download to the computer that will erase EVERYTHING. When we did this to a friends curve that was frozen...it ended up changing his PIN and everything once an os was loaded back on.
    Found the name of that program i think...its called JL_CMDER or crackmem
    05-23-09 11:24 AM
    Wiping and restoring the Curve will not help OP, the setting that must be cleared is in AT&T computer. The only way to do that is by having the owner confirm her identity and order the change.

It is done that way to prevent a stolen phone from being re-registered.
    05-23-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD