I just got a text message from verizon with a link to go to vzam . net to upgrade your smartphone software to latest NZ Navigator and more.

It went to the site and here is what it showed (below). Should I be doing this? I already downloaded the 4.5.077 software with the instructions from the thread above... i'm just confused what this is from verizon. Thanks! (Oh and i'm new and this is my first post... sorry if someone already asked this!)

Target Device: BlackBerry 8330 Wireless Handheld(�)
    Patch Name: Release 202
    File Size: 97.5 MB

Next Steps after successful download:
    1) Click on Save.
    2) Close the BlackBerry Handheld Device software.
    3) Double click on downloaded executable file.
    4) Click RUN on dialogue box.
    5) Choose Setup Language from the dialog box
    6) Install Shield will install all required modules on PC/laptop.
    7) Allow the BlackBerry Handheld Device software to restart at the end of the installation.
    8) Connect device via USB data cable to PC/laptop and device upgrade process will start.

*Note: Approximate Device Software Update Time is 25 - 30 minutes (including device reset at the end of the process).

If you do not have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed on your PC, please click here.
    10-16-08 01:30 PM
    I think you are confused. I just double checked and Verizon does not have 4.5 released yet. The update they are showing you is still 4.3.
    10-16-08 01:36 PM
    isnt this just for downloading vzAccess manager.. so you can tether and use your phone as a modem?
    10-16-08 01:38 PM
    why would they want me to update to 4.3 when that is what came in my phone? It didn't say it was an OS update... i'm confused.
    10-16-08 01:38 PM
    I got the same text notification from them just a few minutes ago. I checked their site and its only showing 4.3
    Whats goin on here??
    10-16-08 01:42 PM
    I believe this is a software patch for the VZ Access Manager, which is required to use your bb as a modem. kstout is right.
    10-16-08 01:44 PM
    I just got a text message from verizon with a link to go to vzam . net to upgrade your smartphone software to latest NZ Navigator and more.

It went to the site and here is what it showed (below). Should I be doing this? I already downloaded the 4.5.077 software with the instructions from the thread above... i'm just confused what this is from verizon. Thanks! (Oh and i'm new and this is my first post... sorry if someone already asked this!)

Target Device: BlackBerry 8330 Wireless Handheld(�)
    Patch Name: Release 202
    File Size: 97.5 MB

Next Steps after successful download:
    1) Click on Save.
    2) Close the BlackBerry Handheld Device software.
    3) Double click on downloaded executable file.
    4) Click RUN on dialogue box.
    5) Choose Setup Language from the dialog box
    6) Install Shield will install all required modules on PC/laptop.
    7) Allow the BlackBerry Handheld Device software to restart at the end of the installation.
    8) Connect device via USB data cable to PC/laptop and device upgrade process will start.

*Note: Approximate Device Software Update Time is 25 - 30 minutes (including device reset at the end of the process).

If you do not have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed on your PC, please click here.
    I dunno it says in your original message this was to download "NZ Navigator and more" (assuming the typo for VZ Navigator) this has nothing to do with an OS upgrade
    10-16-08 02:00 PM
    got same message - if you read closely, it looks like it is just an update for the nav stuff

wish it was the new OS

went there for fun anyway, and server timeout

must be overloaded !
    10-16-08 04:07 PM
    I also got this text about 2 hours ago...it reads:
    "Free VzW MSG. Go to BlackBerry® Software Updates to upgrade your smartphone software to latest VZ Navigator and more. Reply Q to opt out."
    10-16-08 04:12 PM
    yea, I got excited too when then i read it carefully and I think it was a genaric for upgrading in general, particularly with vz nav etc...
    10-16-08 04:14 PM
    I attempted to upgrade navigator after getting this message. It said it was up to date. What a tease.
    10-16-08 04:18 PM
    does anyone by chance know when Verizon will have the OS 4.5 upgrade ?
    10-16-08 04:43 PM
    does anyone by chance know when Verizon will have the OS 4.5 upgrade ?
    No one knows. Please don't ask again, or just do a search. This gets asked often and gets annoying.
    10-16-08 05:11 PM
    There is an upgrade for VZnavigator to include traffic but you have to uninstall/reinstall for it to take, you just cant check for updates.
    10-16-08 05:19 PM
    Welcome to the CB family!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 05:28 PM
    You did it wrong fishkat!! Welcome to CB!!!

10-16-08 05:32 PM
    I gotta laugh as I'm breezing through these threads. Why? OK. I see people asking when 4.5 will be out for every carrier and no matter how many new people ask (mind you, once you ask, why in the world would you ask again?) Someone always tells them not to ask, or do a google search. And they're usually quite rude in doing so. Why would you tell someone not to ask the same question again???
    Also, no matter how many people are educated as to the annoyances of these types of questions, new folks are always going to ask, and saying don't ask or google it a million times over won't stop it. Just go w the flow.

10-16-08 07:17 PM
    So does anyone know when 4.5 will be out officially?
    10-16-08 07:46 PM
    Yeah, I'm another newbie with a question.. What makes the 4.5 upgrade so much better than the 4.3? Is it capable of holding a better screen resolution or something?
    10-16-08 07:55 PM
    Yeah, I'm another newbie with a question.. What makes the 4.5 upgrade so much better than the 4.3? Is it capable of holding a better screen resolution or something?
    Mainly HTML email and an updated media player among other tweaks here and there involving the browser etc.
    10-16-08 08:32 PM
    So when is it going to be released??

-jj- *No Tomatoes please...
    10-16-08 08:45 PM
    I was talking to Verizon Wireless tech support this evening about a separate issue and mentioned this update not working. He stated the update is for VZ Navigator and is only meant for older Blackberry's not the Curve, but was sent to all Blackberry's.
    10-16-08 08:54 PM
    Well I just did the update without reading this first. So I probably already had 4.3 but whatever. Now my internet browser icon is gone. What should I do? Thanks
    10-17-08 10:27 AM
    Fairly new to Blackberry, but have some skills. Got the message about the new upgrade. Downloaded it, and could not sync the berry. Would not recognize that a device was connected. Took the better part of last evening. Uninstalled and reinstalled twice.... no change. Ended up uninstalling, and resetting my computer just to sync my phone..... is this usual????? Terrible!
    10-17-08 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD