Hi all...

So my now former Blackberry crapped out on me, and I would like to get my email address back that I had on my defunct Curve, so I have a few questions:

What is the procedure of transferring my @att.blackberry.net email address to my new Curve??? I'd hate to lose it over my BB breaking...

Also, where are we with OS 4.5? I have 4.5.0.52, and I see there is one higher one, 4.5.0.55!?? Is this still a beta release?? AT&T still has 4.2.2 on their site. What's the difference between .52, and .55??

Finally, the Desktop Manager. I see DM 4.6 is out. But then again, so is DM 4.5. Is 4.6 for the Blackberry Bold, or should I use 4.6 for the Curve as well?

Thanks guys!
    08-29-08 11:57 AM

.52 is the latest on European carriers. There is nothing higher that is official. None of the 4.5 releases are official for North American carriers.

You don't need to update to 4.6.
    08-29-08 12:05 PM
    I would check with AT&T about transferring the old blackberry.net address to the new Curve, but I think you can do this through BIS. You can also post this in the AT&T forums http://forums.crackberry.com/f68/, and you will get some great advice on how to go about that.

Regarding the OS, their are many copies and versions out there. Some have reported bugs and others are running the upgrades successfully. I am waiting on the official AT&T release.

I am running DM v4.6 with my 8820 on AT&T and it is working great with no problems.
    Last edited by Patrickwc; 08-29-08 at 12:16 PM.
    08-29-08 12:13 PM
    Thanks guys! Logging into my BIS on AT&T's Blackberry site and simply changing the device worked like a charm. DM 4.6 works great as well. It even *automatically* added two add'l email accounts that I had forgotten about. I had them on my old device, but had never added them to my replacement BB.

Thanks again! I downloaded 4.5.0.55, and I'll upgrade to it now. Beta's are cool. Just look at SlingPlayer 2.0 BETA. W-o-W!
    08-29-08 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD