Yipeeee! I am so excited. It came around noon today. I finally got it activated this afternoon. So far so good. Here are the first impressions:

1) Screen is gorgeous and bright. Very good resolution.
    2) Easy to see screen outside in the light
    3) Keyboard is wonderful -- nicely spaced letters which are flat so it feels nice to push.
    4) Trackball is easy to use but a little wierd. I am sure I will get used ot it. It's kinda sensitive to the touch so I need to find the app that changes how much it moves when you touch it
    5) The "black" around the screen is not black but shiny dark silver. I don't like it because you see your own reflection in it and it's annoying. Wish it was matt black
    6) The rubber grips on the sides are nice but could be a bit more rubbery. I am still worried I will drop the device so I will prob buy one of those rubber skins
    7) Quality of the phone so far is better than my Verizon flip phone. Reception is good in my home (suprisingly) compared to what I expected after talking to my neighbors.
    8) Set up was a piece of cake with the wizard.
    9) The camera sucks. Totally useless as far as I am concerned, but then again I am a photographer in my spare time so I'm hard to please. I think I will just load up JPGs of friends and familly rather than use the camera to take pix.
    10) Speakerphone quality is tin-like but at least it has one, which is a bonus given that my old flip phone didn't.
    11) Weight and size of the phone is GREAT! But, no CURVES in the curve! I would probably enjoy it a bit more if the edges were a bit more rounded and if the back had the rubber feel too.

Overall, I am very pleased so far. If anyone can offer some help, I am happy to take some pix next to my DH's Treo for comparison and post them.

Looking forward to exploring all the options on the phone. I am sure I will have lots of questions as time goes on. But so far, my first blackberry day experience rocks!

Katherine
    06-04-07 07:09 PM
    Brilliant, glad you're happy...

ps: I've moved this thread to a more appropriate forum...
    06-04-07 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD