I just got a curve and I have no browser and no email settings icon. There is nothing when in my service books. I re-registered going to host routing table and bb button register now and got an email saying I am registered. Also I am on version 4.5.0.175

any help would be appreciated
    10-01-11 01:33 PM
    On Verizon?

Did you call Verizon and activate the device on their BIS?
    Did try resending the Service Books? Or asking Verizon to do that?
    Nothing2Lose likes this.
    10-01-11 01:40 PM
    I called verizon and they told me that the blackberry network is down all along the east coast. That sounds kind of unbelievable.
    10-01-11 03:13 PM
    I activated the phone by dialing *228.
    10-01-11 03:21 PM
    Actually, the BlackBerry network WAS down this morning all along the east coat. True statement.

So, do you have the proper data plan?
    Did you activate the device on the BIS?
    Did you send the Service Books?
    Nothing2Lose likes this.
    10-01-11 03:25 PM
    Oh. When I called Verizon they said that they couldn't do anything since bb was down. They said to just try registering again after a few hours.

My service books are empty. I'm not sure if I have the proper plan, but would assume so since the verizon rep looked at my plan? hmm..
    10-01-11 04:23 PM
    "Registering the Host Routing Table" and sending the Service Books are two different things.

Call back to make sure you have the correct BLACKBERRY Data Plan set up for your account.

Log in to the Email Settings icon on the device, press the Menu button, select Service Book, and click Send Service Books.

Or if you don't have an Email Settings icon, log into the Verizon BIS. https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en
    Click Help and click Send Service Books.
    10-01-11 05:33 PM
    My icons all showed up later on that night on Saturday. I guess it was because the Blackberry Network was down. Thanks for the help.
    10-03-11 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD