Hi all, I'm totally new to blackberry, so if this is a stupid question, i can confirm that i am, in fact, a 'noob'.

I got the google sms application on my blackberry, but I was wondering, is there any way i can receive an alert on the main screen of whenenever I get an sms message?

If I go to the google voice application, I can see it there, but i can't see it on my main screen. I'm thinking of something similar to getting the ipod/iphone "push notifications." And I also noticed that the email has a red star when I get an email. Can i do something similar with google sms?
    09-27-10 02:58 PM
    Google Voice (newest version) does show a GV icon when you get an SMS. I'm not sure if it is instant, but GV only refreshes every 8 - 20 minutes (set in options) , and i'm not sure if it instantly shows an icon there.
    09-27-10 04:20 PM
    With the current Google voice version you can go to Profiles, Advanced Profiles and set your notifications there for GV.
    09-28-10 08:55 AM
    i just have my GV account send every thing via Email, no apps needed, instant alerts on everything
    09-28-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD