YEAAHHH okay so a few people know that i have been having problems trying to get any mapping software on my ATT curve, BUT i have finally figured out at least why I wasnt able to get GOOGLE maps. what was happening was everytime i went to m.google.com/maps to try to get the app i would just be redirected to the mapping section of the google website. I was messing with my phone last night and stumbled along the fact that i had set my browser to emulate Microsoft IE. That was the problem! once i changed it back to emulate Blackberry i was able to get google maps on my phone and now i dont need bbmaps for osv4.5! so to all that attempted to help me i say THANKYOU! you know who u are. but I am over that and now loving google maps!
    03-21-09 03:32 PM
    well, congratulations!
    03-21-09 03:36 PM
    Glad you got google maps working. Sometimes it is the simple things that make things so hard...
    03-21-09 03:37 PM
    Many folks change the emulation and forget and will go weeks before they come on here and ask why OTA is not working etc etc. Its best just to leave it on BB Emulation and use a different browser like Opera Mini for everything else if you dont like the look of the one that came with the BB
    03-21-09 03:41 PM
    what is this emulation thing
    03-21-09 06:11 PM
    what is this emulation thing
    While in BB browser, Menu > Options, Emulation
    03-21-09 06:12 PM
    While in BB browser, Menu > Options, Emulation

ooo ok thx
    03-21-09 06:23 PM
    Emulation is basically a feature that allows BB users to make the standard BB browser emulate other types of browsers such as IE or netscape. its an okay feature but I say to avoid problems like the ones I had just leave it as BB and use opera if u don't like it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 06:48 PM
    Emulation is basically a feature that allows BB users to make the standard BB browser emulate other types of browsers such as IE or netscape. its an okay feature but I say to avoid problems like the ones I had just leave it as BB and use opera if u don't like it!

eh, dont need to have ie since all i do on the phone is check the news nowadays
    i do use opera to check the weather lol
    and for feeds
    03-21-09 06:50 PM
    True true yah the emulation feat really isn't nothing to go crazy over but I'm still looking for something on the phone that I can...I mean one specific thing you know?

03-21-09 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD