i have at&t navigator. same thing as vznavigator
    i like it for gps turn by turn directions but it just loads to slow
    google maps is great for searching and loads really quick but doesn't have voice directions

who uses which more
    07-05-08 08:07 PM
    I use neither really. I use Nav4all.
    But I am trying the new Google Maps,
    but without turn by turn, it probably won't
    last long.
    07-05-08 08:11 PM
    i have at&t navigator. same thing as vznavigator
    i like it for gps turn by turn directions but it just loads to slow
    google maps is great for searching and loads really quick but doesn't have voice directions

who uses which more
    Most AT&T Customers uses Nav4all.
    07-05-08 08:14 PM
    i downloaded nav4all. its weird
    the ui is hard to get use to
    07-05-08 08:32 PM
    i downloaded nav4all. its weird
    the ui is hard to get use to
    yeah it is hard to get used to at first but once you do its really nice. It accesses the GPS on my curve alot faster than any other map application, and the turn by turn voice directions are really accurate n fast.
    07-05-08 08:57 PM
    ya but i can speak searches in at&t nav and it is easier to enter an address.
    07-05-08 10:12 PM
    also at&t nav has traffic that searches while navigating
    07-05-08 10:29 PM
    I think it just depends on your Vasco de Gama level i.e. just how directionally challenged you are.........I just google.......I am used to it and don't need the audio........but to each their own.........
    07-05-08 10:31 PM
    true very true
    07-05-08 10:55 PM
    How do you get GPS to work with Google Maps? I can get the "My Location" to work, but nothing GPS like. GPS worked fine with Google Maps on my Tilt. Am I missing a setting or something?

- Patrick
    07-05-08 11:42 PM
    What is it EXACTLY that you are trying to do? is it your destination that you are having trouble with?

press the menu key (next to the trackball with the BB logo) and a menu pops up on the RHS of the screen that gives you lots of options.......if you need more help lemme know......
    07-05-08 11:56 PM
    What is it EXACTLY that you are trying to do? is it your destination that you are having trouble with?

press the menu key (next to the trackball with the BB logo) and a menu pops up on the RHS of the screen that gives you lots of options.......if you need more help lemme know......
    On my Tilt it used to tell me in the corner how many satellites it was tracking and the little dot would move automatically when I moved, like a regular GPS. I remember there being options in the menu for the Tilt where you could set up some settings for the GPS within Google Maps.

My Location (pinging the cell towers for triangulation like the iPhone) works fine. Just no GPS. Is there a setup or something I have to do for the GPS to work on the device?

- Patrick
    07-06-08 12:06 AM
    Aha! I got it to work. Screw paying AT&T $10 a month!

- Patrick
    07-06-08 12:20 AM
    Well, the GPS nails your current location....type in the street address and the zip code of the end point.....and PRESTO - directions, miles and time of travel are laid out......
    07-06-08 12:21 AM
    is there a charge for nav4all
    07-06-08 05:14 AM
    I have google maps and BB maps. I prefer BB maps.
    07-06-08 05:25 AM
    I think it just depends on your Vasco de Gama level i.e. just how directionally challenged you are.........I just google.......I am used to it and don't need the audio........but to each their own.........

Agreed, I pull off look to see where Im going and make do with that. Its a better method for actually learning what is what
    07-06-08 05:41 AM
    google maps
    07-06-08 07:03 AM
    I am using google and have no trouble with it, does everything my garmin handheld does and more, plus it is free
    07-06-08 07:13 AM
    well it doesn't do voice directions. thats what i need
    07-06-08 07:23 AM
    well it doesn't do voice directions. thats what i need
    tele nav homes.........again I prefer google.........BUT that being said....just HOW directionally challenged are you? We are not splitting atoms........I travel to many places where I am not familiar with the local area and google never lets me down.......perhaps Lewis and Clark may be able to guide you on your next roadie........
    07-06-08 12:04 PM
    tele nav homes.........again I prefer google.........BUT that being said....just HOW directionally challenged are you? We are not splitting atoms........I travel to many places where I am not familiar with the local area and google never lets me down.......perhaps Lewis and Clark may be able to guide you on your next roadie........
    that was mean! you must be blessed with great indiana jones like navigational skills. Others need some detailed directions if they are not familiar with their surroundings. Plus the poster wants voice directions like a normal gps would whats wrong with that.
    07-06-08 12:17 PM
    that was mean! you must be blessed with great indiana jones like navigational skills. Others need some detailed directions if they are not familiar with their surroundings. Plus the poster wants voice directions like a normal gps would whats wrong with that.
    How is that mean? fire up tele nav..........he is on ATT so he has it..........and believe me..............MY internal compass is WAY BROKEN...........after three cavernomas in my right basal ganglia.......there are times I get lost DRIVING HOME........but as with all things in life........a bit of humor certainly helps keep things in perspective.........
    07-06-08 12:29 PM
    How come noone ever mentions Amaze gps along with Nav4all? Version 4.2 of amaze is pretty good and I personally feel better than Nav4all. It is also free and offers turn by turn voice prompts.

Floyd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 01:13 PM
    i've just deleted nav4all it was to confusing and very hard to use. I have installed amazegps and seems to be alot easier and better to use than nav4all.
    07-06-08 04:43 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD