Saying that Carrier Charges May apply........Does anyone know if this is the case with Verizon? I dont think it is but gotta ask..... I'M SO HOOKED ON THIS BB ITS SCARY

Thanks
    04-30-09 01:18 AM
    That's just the std waring that apps that use a lot of data put up, like streaming music apps (Pandora, Slacker, etc).

FYI, GPS doesn't work with Verizon Curves using Google Maps. BB Maps and VZNav are your choices for GPS, unfortunately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 01:22 AM
    that just means its data intensive.. if you dont have an unlimited plan, beware..
    but, google maps wont give you gps locks. verizon locks out 3rd party gps. only vznav and bbmaps work on the verizon CURVE
    04-30-09 01:24 AM
    Thats weird cause it's not dead on but its working....

What is BB Maps? Is this the standard map that in pre loaded on the BB
    04-30-09 05:18 AM
    actually its way off!!! lol
    04-30-09 05:20 AM
    actually its way off!!! lol
    Yeah, it's way off because Google Maps doesn't use the GPS, it uses cell tower triangulation to "approximate" your location (Verizon customers only, except the Storm).
    04-30-09 06:32 AM
    Google maps does use alot of data. It like im sure other navigation apps downloads its maps on the fly. So none are saved to your phone.
    04-30-09 07:51 AM
    Anyone had problems with google maps. I could use some help understanding how to use it. I'm so use to my friends nav or mapquest, but everyone tells me that google maps is the way to go.
    04-30-09 11:41 AM
    Well its not perfect unless your using actuall gps. But its fun. Just play with it youll figure it out in no time. By the way what kinda help do you need.
    04-30-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD