In case ya havent noticed, I am new to bb. But I hear that pple download the google map app, why is that? Is it that much better then the bb maps? and if I get the google maps and remove the bb map will that do any harm?

Thank you for your advice
    03-29-09 04:14 PM
    Well, there's a lot to research on the differences. But the main one since you're on Verizon is that GPS works for BB Maps (sometimes) and doesn't work on Google Maps.
    03-29-09 04:20 PM
    I dont have a need for GPS on my phone, got one in the car anyways, but I did prefer google maps over bbmaps.
    03-29-09 04:22 PM
    Ah cool thanks Sultan. Guess I will be sticking with the bb maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 04:28 PM
    With that being said Avicus, I happen to think Google is a better product, especially because of "Street View", I happen to have both on my Curve.

I'm not as wealthy as Rachel so I don't have a GPS to get me to Starbucks in my pajamas.
    03-29-09 04:31 PM
    With that being said Avicus, I happen to think Google is a better product, especially because of "Street View", I happen to have both on my Curve.

I'm not as wealthy as Rachel so I don't have a GPS to get me to Starbucks in my pajamas.
    LOL I dont need it to find my way to starbucks.. when I first got it, I would use it and take MY route to places and giggle while it freaked out, "recalculating, turn left, recalulating" twas fun.. for 3 mins.
    03-29-09 04:33 PM
    lol! Wondered how long it would take to reply. Good to know that one of your past times is trying to fool a computer :P
    03-29-09 04:35 PM

Haha, she goes out in her pajamas all the time too...
    03-29-09 04:37 PM
    lol! Wondered how long it would take to reply. Good to know that one of your past times is trying to fool a computer :P
    LOl hush up
    03-29-09 04:37 PM
    Sad thing is, even though I may hae been in my jammies, Im STILL better dressed than most of the people here. and thats pretty bad LOL
    03-29-09 04:38 PM
    Rachel, can you go and count how many threads we've hijacked and turned into a personal conversation? Severe counts too, any that he and I have taken over together as well.

AAannnnddddd begin....
    03-29-09 04:40 PM
    Can I? yes.. will I? No :P
    03-29-09 04:41 PM
    Personal preference, I got to say I like google maps a little better especially when using google latitude.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 04:47 PM
    I think (personally) google latitude is stuuuuuupid, kinda dangerous, and noisy-fied.
    03-29-09 04:48 PM
    Rachy's life is an open book here at CB.

Sad thing is, even though I may hae been in my jammies, Im STILL better dressed than most of the people here. and thats pretty bad LOL
    What? You don't like us Pennsylvania slobs. Geez.

I like Google Maps, 'cause that's what I use on my computer so I have continuity. Also, you get the Google search feature.
    03-30-09 06:30 AM
    Well, there's a lot to research on the differences. But the main one since you're on Verizon is that GPS works for BB Maps (sometimes) and doesn't work on Google Maps.

I got rid of BBMaps.. it constantly loses signal and drops the maps... then it renders with lines and dots... then says the satellights arent available.
    Last edited by MysticMoonstone; 03-30-09 at 09:27 AM. Reason: I cant spell LOL
    03-30-09 09:26 AM

how did you get Google Maps to work?
    03-30-09 09:28 AM
    the biggest difference is the gps capabilities with bb maps. they are equally as accurate since they are both satelite backed maps next to hard drive maps so they can be updated with new roads as they arrive.
    03-30-09 04:15 PM
    Thats because your on verizon that the bb maps always lose signal mystic moonstone!
    03-30-09 04:16 PM
    so I can uninstall bb maps and not have to worry about anything? I dont need a gps as I have one in the truck aswell? Can I also uninstall bb messenger and not worry about it? again I dont need it
    03-30-09 10:07 PM
    I have the 8320 so I don't have gps, but I do use google maps on my computer to find directions and now that I have a blackberry I use google maps on that as well so I agree that continuity is the way to go, oh and street view impresses all the ladies.
    03-30-09 10:32 PM
    For navigation, I find BB Maps to be more responsive. Before Google Maps updates, I already passed the street. But I keep Google Maps because of the street view. Both recalculate directions?
    03-30-09 11:01 PM
    For navigation, I find BB Maps to be more responsive. Before Google Maps updates, I already passed the street. But I keep Google Maps because of the street view. Both recalculate directions?
    Same here, I drive a full mile before Google updates my position, makes it hard to follow directions, bbmaps seems to be faster for me.
    03-30-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD