newbie here wants to know if there is another way to get google map to my phone without downloading it thru my phone? How can I download it on my pc then use my desktop manager to sync the application? Don't feel like paying for that 631kb data thing which is like 10Cents per 1kb i think. Kinda pricy dmamit
    01-06-09 11:31 PM
    If you don't have a data plan, Google Maps is going to cost you a lot of money since it uses data... So really, what you're wanting to do is pointless. It's going to use a lot of data once installed and in use.
    01-06-09 11:39 PM
    If you don't have a data plan, Google Maps is going to cost you a lot of money since it uses data... So really, what you're wanting to do is pointless. It's going to use a lot of data once installed and in use.
    Not trying to be rude or anything but the whole reason i post this is because I am a cheap *** and i don't feel like to pay anything else and obviously we need someone else to answer this question
    01-06-09 11:48 PM
    Not trying to be rude or anything but the whole reason i post this is because I am a cheap *** and i don't feel like to pay anything else and obviously we need someone else to answer this question

Sunkast was trying to say that if you don't want to pay for the data to download the app, you certainly won't want to pay for the data to RUN the app.

Once you have it installed on your phone, it will eat up data and cost you money each time you use it, so if that is something you are trying to avoid, the choice to have the app seems pointless.

It's not a standalone app that will run on its own. It will use data each time you open it.
    01-06-09 11:53 PM
    No you don't. The original answer was correct as was the follow-up.
    01-06-09 11:56 PM
    Gps uses data. So even if u download and install it for free, it will cost u a buttload of money to use. That's what sunkast was trying to tell you. If u r a cheap***, don't bother with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 11:57 PM
    Sunkast was trying to say that if you don't want to pay for the data to download the app, you certainly won't want to pay for the data to RUN the app.

Once you have it installed on your phone, it will eat up data and cost you money each time you use it, so if that is something you are trying to avoid, the choice to have the app seems pointless.

It's not a standalone app that will run on its own. It will use data each time you open it.
    No you don't. The original answer was correct as was the follow-up.
    Yes, yes & definitely yes.

I figured cheap ***es used cans & string or smoke signals. At the very least, they might use the thick flip-freebies given out over at Cricket. They certainly don't get a Berry and they most definitely don't think they can pull a rabbit out of their cheap ***es to make something like GoogleMaps work without streaming a ton of data.

The app is the least of your worries. If you're concerned about getting the app for free, maybe the correct modifier is really dumb instead of cheap.
    01-07-09 12:11 AM
    Hm. Not trying to be rude or anything, but you kind of sound like an *****. When people here answer a question for you, which they don't Have to do, you should probably listen closely, because they're probably right. Just a suggestion.

So, obviously, we do Not need someone else to answer your "question".
    tool.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 01-07-09 at 12:30 AM. Reason: language
    01-07-09 12:16 AM
    I guess there is no such thing as Free then Yes I am a cheap ***
    01-07-09 12:23 AM
    Please watch the language.... thank you.

Thread closed.
    Last edited by Duvi; 01-07-09 at 12:41 AM.
    01-07-09 12:33 AM
    Then you get something ekse like iguidance, not sure if they've it in bb os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD